Dusting off the HPS

namibjakkals

In the last week I have decided that I will be dusting of the Digital ballast and Hps Lamp. Already stockpiling prepaid elec lol.

My ballast has 4 settings and I was thinking of vegging under 250 and flower 400w, Can I run a 400 lamp on 250setting.

Then my next question. How many plants normally to a 400w lamp?

I want to make it worth my while and get the most watt to gram ratio.

My killing fields harvest went straight into oil and and I managed to make some infused honey also.

Will that scrog with the screen max my yield?

I have Super lemon haze and seed depot kaya planned for this indoor spot.

Excuse if I'm all over the page with questions but my mind is currently racing

All input is much obliged

In the last week I have decided that I will be dusting of the Digital ballast and Hps Lamp. Already stockpiling prepaid elec lol. My ballast has 4 settings and I was thinking of vegging under 250 and flower 400w, Can I run a 400 lamp on 250setting. Then my next question. How many plants normally to a 400w lamp? I want to make it worth my while and get the most watt to gram ratio. My killing fields harvest went straight into oil and and I managed to make some infused honey also. Will that scrog with the screen max my yield? I have Super lemon haze and seed depot kaya planned for this indoor spot. Excuse if I'm all over the page with questions but my mind is currently racing All input is much obliged

I can give some input on scrog. Have a read here for info on net size and number of plants per watt. I use one setting on my digital ballast throughout my grow. On a 400w I leave the setting on 400w.

Don't bother dialing down to 250w. Just keep the light a little higher in the beginning, and progressively lower it over 2 - 3 weeks until you are about 40cm above the canopy.

For 400w, I would run 2 plants. You can run more obviously, but that would be my preference.

Morning bud.

Keep you ballast on the 400w setting it's pointless putting onto 250w as it will still draw 400w of power , so by setting it on 250w you would be using the same power as 400w but way less light for the plants.  4 plantastar scrog will give you the best yield , I say 4 plants because they will veg out a lot faster than 2.

@CerealKilla

Have a look at growguru they just got in digital 250w ballasts and if I am not mistaken they the only ones in the country so far and for a micro grower they will be awesome.

Cheers

GLO

Shot bro guess it makes sense...Will plant 4 

can I tie my own net? 10cm blocks should work hey?

In the last week I have decided that I will be dusting of the Digital ballast and Hps Lamp. Already stockpiling prepaid elec lol. My ballast has 4 settings and I was thinking of vegging under 250 and flower 400w, Can I run a 400 lamp on 250setting. Then my next question. How many plants normally to a 400w lamp? I want to make it worth my while and get the most watt to gram ratio. My killing fields harvest went straight into oil and and I managed to make some infused honey also. Will that scrog with the screen max my yield? I have Super lemon haze and seed depot kaya planned for this indoor spot. Excuse if I'm all over the page with questions but my mind is currently racing All input is much obliged

I can give some input on scrog. Have a read here for info on net size and number of plants per watt. I use one setting on my digital ballast throughout my grow. On a 400w I leave the setting on 400w.

Shot for the info I run on prepaid was looking at cutting costs a bit.

I'm gonna Plant 4 Hazes then and experiment with fimming and scrog

Morning bud.

Keep you ballast on the 400w setting it's pointless putting onto 250w as it will still draw 400w of power , so by setting it on 250w you would be using the same power as 400w but way less light for the plants.  4 plantastar scrog will give you the best yield , I say 4 plants because they will veg out a lot faster than 2.

@CerealKilla

Have a look at growguru they just got in digital 250w ballasts and if I am not mistaken they the only ones in the country so far and for a micro grower they will be awesome.

Cheers

GLO