Sugar Haze (Cannazon Freebies)

cheese420

The problem is fungal spores are a bastard , once it gets to the point where you notice it it has already pumped out millions of spores which will have covered everything in the grow. 

So to answere your question it's already to late for the rest of the grow but weather they have found suitable places to host on your plants is just a guess.

I don't see a issue for another day or 2 but I wouldn't go much longer as it can spread fast and you may end up throwing out a lot of bud. The other issue I have found with botrytis is they way it can hide in buds , harvesting is the only way to truly tell how bad the infection is.

Cheers

GLO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thrown away affected buds and taken down their branches. Will assess tomorrow but I will be taking them early.

Not risking the entire grow.

@Skolley and @GLO thanks for the input gents...Will update after they down and on the drying process

Sorry Skolley I couldnt get any decent pics really but there was definitely something up with a few buds so I confirmed it to be bud rot

Small Update + Question

So all plants were taken down the other day. Came across some more bud rot on branches that were not accessible or that visible so if I had left them to flower more I definitely think I would have fucked up the grow completely.

I have never been more depressed harvesting plants than that day :'(

Anyway I read up more on the fungus and I have done my best to make that tent a drying haven...constant air flow for days but not directly on the buds. I got rid of all the rot I could see and have been inspecting the buds...I really hope they survive the drying so I can at least sample some. Will post up some nugget shots if all goes well.

For next grow I think I may go organic since I still have about 17 litres of JGS soil mix laying around and got a busy period coming up where I wont be able to hand water daily for the coco.

Does anyone know how long the Biobizz nutrients last? I have a bottle of the Grow and Bloom which still has the old lablels on them and Ive had it for at least 3 years now. Anyone here know if I should still use it or rather dispose of it?

Damn that's a pity man, but hopefully you still salvage some to keep your personal stash going a while.

I noticed you mentioned Bio Bizz, awesome stuff but if you are using the JG living soil mix you won't need any nutes, at least for a good few weeks. Once flowering starts you may want to add some but for veg you'll be just fine on plain water.

The Bio Bizz stuff is going up quickly on price :( but it's really great stuff.

Cool man.

Also what I do with living soil is get some kraal manure, mix it 50/50 with perlite and put a 2cm layer at the base of the pot so the roots can grow into it, it's quite rich so really just a 2cm layer at the base. I also sprinkle a tea spoon of sea bird guano but it's very potent so go easy on it.

Up top I do a thick top dress layer with earth worm castings, a table spoon of powdered kelp meal, a bit of compost and a layer of alfalfa meal right on top.

With that combo you'll need very little in terms of bottled nutes, just good old H2o

• 3 weeks later...

Harvest Update -  They made it

So the dried buds made it with no mold spreading and I have ended up with quite a bit of bud that's very decent smoke!

They have been curing for about a week now in jars and the high has been great from what I have sampled :-puffin  

The buds are quite fluffy as they never got to pack on that density in last week, with some being a bit more weighty and loaded with trichomes.

I'm averagely happy with how this first coco grow turned out, I just with they could have finished with a proper flush and final week and a half. Oh well I have plenty of bud for the winter!

Below some average cellphone pics

IMG_20160607_165507_zpspkolgx0w.jpg

IMG_20160531_140306_zpsdownsab2.jpg