Soil mending

Newbie420

IMG_20210821_090321.thumb.jpg.5f43a98532fd90f532bbcc177c2c918d.jpgIMG_20210823_132635.thumb.jpg.96030ea8e121270c7c63d00efce89ecd.jpgIMG_20210823_123453.thumb.jpg.98fc2b4005c795beec132fbd57ee4c24.jpgGood day all!! 

I am a new grower and I'm growing outdoors, I need some help with a few things. 

I have 3 plants don't know if they are male or female and they are currently in in the seedling stage at 4 weeks old. I have them in normal organic soil mixed with Vermiculite and some bone meal. They are looking good but needs these supplements to grow better. They almost on 4th node. I can't buy more stuff, so I need to use what I have... 

I just bought more supplies 

Bio grow

Epsom salt

Worm casting soil

Perlite

Blackstrap unsulphurd molasses 

Vermiculite 

Bone meal

What should I do next? I want to amend the soil but don't know what to add first or should I take some soil out? 

Edited by Newbie420

Welcome
If you growing outdoors now it's ti early without supplemental light , normal day hour to little and will start flowering soon and they won't get size and stay small , due to cold and early flowering.
As for the soil , organic soil should carry you through depends on how much vermiculite you added?
You will slot the male plant quick when they start flowering , it has balls and usually stretches Abit more or you can sex them when they are bigger , just google sexing cannabis plants.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

Thanks! They have been getting at least 7 hours of direct sunlight... I do know the basics of plant genetics which is not the problem I have... I'm new to growing not new to cannabis... Lol

36 minutes ago, Newbie420 said:

Good day all!! 

I have 3 plants don't know if they are male or female and they are currently in in the seedling stage at 4 weeks old. I have them in normal organic soil mixed with Vermiculite. They are looking good but needs these supplements to grow better. They almost on 4th node. I can't buy more stuff, so I need to use what I have... 

Bio grow

Epsom salt

Worm casting soil

Perlite

Vermiculite 

What should I do next? I want to amend the soil but don't know what to add first or should I take some soil out? 

21 minutes ago, GGG said:

Welcome emoji2936.png
If you growing outdoors now it's ti early without supplemental light , normal day hour to little and will start flowering soon and they won't get size and stay small , due to cold and early flowering.
As for the soil , organic soil should carry you through depends on how much vermiculite you added?
You will slot the male plant quick when they start flowering , it has balls and usually stretches Abit more or you can sex them when they are bigger , just google sexing cannabis plants.

Thanks! They have been getting at least 7 hours of direct sunlight... I do know the basics of plant genetics which is not the problem I have... I'm new to growing not new to cannabis... Lol

41 minutes ago, Newbie420 said:

Good day all!! 

I have 3 plants don't know if they are male or female and they are currently in in the seedling stage at 4 weeks old. I have them in normal organic soil mixed with Vermiculite. They are looking good but needs these supplements to grow better. They almost on 4th node. I can't buy more stuff, so I need to use what I have... 

Bio grow

Epsom salt

Worm casting soil

Perlite

Vermiculite 

Cool , let's wait for the soil guys to give advice. If there was a problem with the soil it would have shown by now , ammending soil you should have the right ratios or you can run into trouble.

1 minute ago, GGG said:

Cool , let's wait for the soil guys to give advice. If there was a problem with the soil it would have shown by now , ammending soil you should have the right ratios or you can run into trouble.

Awesome! Thanks. 

Google "Subcool's Super Soil Recipe". His mixes are being used worldwide with great success. Just convert the recommended ratios to your situation and you should have a good grasp of things.

Ideally you have to mix everything and then let it "cook" in a bin or under a tarp for at least 4-6 weeks for the soil to cool down etc. otherwise it will burn your plants kished.

Adding the amendments on top of the soil is possible but proceed with caution. Bone meal will burn your plants if adding too much. The rest you can just mix together at the recommended ratios and top up your pot i guess. Biobizz feed once a week at recommended or half dose. Black strap molasses also occasionally. You can always add more but not remove.

If you want to have a lekker outdoor grow, aim more towards end September when it warms up a bit and you'll also have a long enough grow window. Plants outdoors normally start flowering round January/Feb and you'll harvest March/April ideally before the cooler temps, less daylight hours and higher humidity. ✌️

Edited by Weskush

32 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Google "Subcool's Super Soil Recipe". His mixes are being used worldwide with great success. Just convert the recommended ratios to your situation and you should have a good grasp of things.

Ideally you have to mix everything and then let it "cook" in a bin or under a tarp for at least 4-6 weeks for the soil to cool down etc. otherwise it will burn your plants kished.

Adding the amendments on top of the soil is possible but proceed with caution. Bone meal will burn your plants if adding too much. The rest you can just mix together at the recommended ratios and top up your pot i guess. Biobizz feed once a week at recommended or half dose. Black strap molasses also occasionally. You can always add more but not remove.

If you want to have a lekker outdoor grow, aim more towards end September when it warms up a bit and you'll also have a long enough grow window. Plants outdoors normally start flowering round January/Feb and you'll harvest March/April ideally before the cooler temps, less daylight hours and higher humidity. ✌️

Thank you for the input!! This will help... I'll keep you posted on the progress.... 

• Like 1