Buds smell like fish

BroMo

So Ive made all the mistakes you can make the past year and a half and it just keeps on going.

Ive got a few jars of zkittles curing for about 3 to 4 weeks now.

But when I open the lids to burp the jars every now and then I get a fish smell coming out.

The buds had powdery milldew on them and I washed the buds at harvest.

Got Boveda packs in jars.

Is the buds a dud and I have to throw it away or should I just cure it longer?

PS: House next door had a male plant and offcourse Ive got seeds also now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I rate its a combo of the fish ferts and the mildew, mold. Did you bud wash before you dried? Edit sorry I see you did.

Must be the strong fish mixes. I've had it in the past but mine smelt of old biltong cos I used bone and blood liquid ferts.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ah yeah had this happen to me once and back then I was living in Hermanus close to the ocean and you could smell the ocean quite a bit where I was, grew in a pot outdoors, used mostly seagrow and some other stuff. when I got that first fish whaft I didn't know if I should be laughing or crying!

like the old afroman song, if I was blind it would've had me saying "good morning, ladies!" 

thought I did an amazing job, buds looked alright, but that smell...... had me concerned! still smoked about a whole gram before I just tossed it on the fire one evening lol

yeah I agree, could be the fish ferts, could be the mold, but I would say could be the wash also. 

I got some buds handed to me, from a buddies harvest who got mites late flower and he is too lazy to wash. I've washed a few of the branches, came out nice and clean had a shit ton of fuckers floating in the wash bucket after, but now after being dried again they smell kinda salty .... where as the jar with the prewashed buds smell normal. 

never happened to me with a wash, but in your case with the pm I understand washing was a must.

I don't think a longer cure will help, but it wont hurt to try! 

I think if you try getting a extract from it you will be pulling terps with it, unless you wana go for a THCA extract which is a bit more advanced, but then you wont have any smell

• Like 1