Explogrow and Coco?

Slartibarfast

Hi, I am starting to think about my next grow and have found myself reading up on Explogrow quite a bit.

I have a few questions

1. Can it be used with coco?

2. Does adding it make much of a difference?

3. How did you fit it in with your feeding schedule, I read up that you use it once a month a reduce your feeding?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

So I grow in coco and I use a few things which some feel should not be used with mineral nutes.

I do microbe inoculations, add trichoderma and mycorrhizal fungi and I have used explogrow too and so forth.

Typically I use explogrow for when I germinate seeds, add a drop or two when letting the seeds soak.

Trich and myco I get as a wettable powder, a 2 in 1, and use it when I put my cuttings into coco once they have rooted (or seeds if I am growing from seed).

I then use microbe inoculations with the first feed (you could add the explogrow here too I am sure).

Otherwise just add the explogrow to your normal feed at the suggested dose, but it can become very expensive as the doses are quite high and big plants require quite a bit of feed.

As for how much of a difference it makes, well, that is hard to say as I run multiple "additives" - such as the trich and myco and so forth. Also most use soil and I grow in coco.

However my plant growth does appear to be quicker when compared to some other members when seeds have been germinated at more or less the same time - but could be various factors which affect this.

Running a side by side comparison with cuttings will help narrow it down, but is time consuming. My view is that the inoculations are not frequent and more of a once off, with the exception of the microbes which I may do roughly once a month (when I remember).

My plants typically look very healthy I feel, does not cost me that much so might as well continue with it. I do not see it doing any damage, other than to ones wallet.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 2

So I grow in coco and I use a few things which some feel should not be used with mineral nutes.

I do microbe inoculations, add trichoderma and mycorrhizal fungi and I have used explogrow too and so forth.
Typically I use explogrow for when I germinate seeds, add a drop or two when letting the seeds soak.

Trich and myco I get as a wettable powder, a 2 in 1, and use it when I put my cuttings into coco once they have rooted (or seeds if I am growing from seed).
I then use microbe inoculations with the first feed (you could add the explogrow here too I am sure).

Otherwise just add the explogrow to your normal feed at the suggested dose, but it can become very expensive as the doses are quite high and big plants require quite a bit of feed.

As for how much of a difference it makes, well, that is hard to say as I run multiple "additives" - such as the trich and myco and so forth. Also most use soil and I grow in coco.
However my plant growth does appear to be quicker when compared to some other members when seeds have been germinated at more or less the same time - but could be various factors which affect this.
Running a side by side comparison with cuttings will help narrow it down, but is time consuming. My view is that the inoculations are not frequent and more of a once off, with the exception of the microbes which I may do roughly once a month (when I remember).
My plants typically look very healthy I feel, does not cost me that much so might as well continue with it. I do not see it doing any damage, other than to ones wallet.
Awesome, as always thank you for the detailed feedback. Definitely leaning towards getting it now.

15 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Just admitting to myself that you are doing way better with the Pluto Cut than I am 😛

Can be soo many different factors though - it is also just 1 seed so it could just be a slow grower that particular plant.

59 minutes ago, Slartibarfast said:

Awesome, as always thank you for the detailed feedback. Definitely leaning towards getting it now.

Pleasure, let us know how it goes if you do go ahead with it.

• Like 2