Coco's first grow

Guest Cocopeat

I personally would put her in the dark for 48h and harvest.

What's the theory behind the 48h dark phase before harvest Reaf? I've read about it quite a bit but have forgotten ... Have you found it to be noticeably effective?

All my ladies get a 48-72h dark period before harvest. I just find it finishes things off nicely. Some strains I can't see an effect but others there a definite positive effect again personal preference , just like making sure the soil is bone dry at harvest... I find it helps shorten the drying period. If all those little things I do just help a little it's enough.

Cheers

Reaf

I personally would put her in the dark for 48h and harvest.

What's the theory behind the 48h dark phase before harvest Reaf? I've read about it quite a bit but have forgotten ... Have you found it to be noticeably effective?

All my ladies get a 48-72h dark period before harvest. I just find it finishes things off nicely. Some strains I can't see an effect but others there a definite positive effect again personal preference , just like making sure the soil is bone dry at harvest... I find it helps shorten the drying period. If all those little things I do just help a little it's enough.

Cheers

Reaf

I read up on this few years ago and found that this is done for final taste and drying, this is however a preference of growers to growers.

How I understand this is that the roots collect the nutes and water and sent that up to the leaves and flower once the plant is exposed to the light cycle. Keeping the plant in darkness 48 hours before ensures that the plant does not sent that remaining nutes and water up to the leaves and flower ensuring and even smoother smoke and a little bit better drying.

I personally only do it for taste even if I grew fully organic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest African Shaman

Congratulations on your first grow brother! Don't be dissapointed about your yield at all. That will improve over time. Just be happy and thankful that you can grow your own supply of dank nugs all year round. When you really dial in your light, environment and nutes, your yield will improve. Also you will be blown away by some of the awesome dankness out there. Its also about your genetics and where its sourced from. Northern Lights from one breeder may vary alot compared to another breeder per say. When you buy great genetics from great breeders you WILL find that high that you are searching for. I'm new here so just got in on this thread too late but will be keeping my eyes open for your next grow. I'm finishing up a cycle and will surely post my new grow pretty soon. Good luck with your RDWC vibes. We learn as we grow.