Aloe Ferox - Bitter crystals

Here one for the chem boff's. I went down this rabbit hole for weeks during lockdown, eventually came across a study where it was said that the aloin in the aloe ferox increased the OM dramatically. But may be detrimental to the microbes due to its ability to change the genetic makeup over time. Possibly rendering them mutated in ways.

I've been toying with the idea for so long now. But the dosages could be highly detrimental.

Bitter crytals extracted from aloe ferox (yellow sap/not inner leaf)  is known to hold the highest variety of amino acid profiles as far as Aloe goes, 34 to be exact. So complex, it will make you shit yourself (literally, its a powerful laxative) 

So the idea is not having so much of these compounds that the rhizosphere explodes in OM and come to a screeching halt, because well, everything is dead. 

But rather, a teeny tiny small amount to switch on or chelate further those oh so necessary amino acid profiles. 

My thoughts are to signal these enzymes to switch on.

Normally these crystals come in little lip balm containers and directions for use are 1 small crystal dissolved in water daily.

Some people say it causes cancer and other praise it for being an absolute miracle.

anybody care to share some thoughts?  

• Like 1

Well, I'm not too sure on this, but plants dont absorb enzymes from the soil, but produce all the proteins they need internally. Plant roots readily supply the soil with sugars so perhaps they would leech enzymes too.

Microbes in the soil make use of enzymes to chelate ions, making them absorbable by the plant. Most of these enzymes are created by the microbes as their means of digesting the organic matter.

So what are you trying to do, flood the medium with enzymes, or get the microbes to produce more of them?

1 minute ago, Totemic said:

Well, I'm not too sure on this, but plants dont absorb enzymes from the soil, but produce all the proteins they need internally. Plant roots readily supply the soil with sugars so perhaps they would leech enzymes too.

Microbes in the soil make use of enzymes to chelate ions, making them absorbable by the plant. Most of these enzymes are created by the microbes as their means of digesting the organic matter.

So what are you trying to do, flood the medium with enzymes, or get the microbes to produce more of them?

Yes the roots will have no use for it but the study concluded more organic matter was produced when they increased the concentration of latex sap. they used worms and from what i understand, 200g per KG of soil is a shit load of aloin. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326810365_Effect_of_Aloe_Vera_wastes_on_physico-chemical_properties_and_microbiological_activity_in_soils

13 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Get the microbes to produce more available nutrients for the roots... Just a thought, and I don't fully understand the process so learning where I can.

Edited by ORGANinc.

11 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Yes the roots will have no use for it but the study concluded more organic matter was produced when they increased the concentration of latex sap. they used worms and from what i understand, 200g per KG of soil is a shit load of aloin. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326810365_Effect_of_Aloe_Vera_wastes_on_physico-chemical_properties_and_microbiological_activity_in_soils

My conclusion that I made up above is incorrect i think, I haven't read this research article in a while. Must have imagined what I wanted to hear lol. 

22 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Get the microbes to produce more available nutrients for the roots... Just a thought, and I don't fully understand the process so learning where I can.

Increasing the size of the herd will get you results. Biodyne, explogrow, other microbe innoculants will do this.

Feed that microherd mollasses and other sugars and carbohydrates(teas) to keep them pumping in overdrive.

The plant is not necessarily going to uptake more than it needs though.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1