Question on Nutriplex feeding

wallis55

Sup guys 

I need some help understanding the Nutriplex feeding schedule. I bought the nutes from Grow Guru and I was expecting them to come with instructions but they didn't. I downloaded the feeding schedule posted on this forum but I don't understand it very well. 

I have a 25 litre tank and my plan is to mix nutes with the water in there so I can hand water my plants when needed.

My question is which of the 3 nutrient solutions are required at this stage and how much ml's do I mix into the 25 litre tank? 

Im growing in coco/perlite in 16 litre pots.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all

Peace

Thanks Toby.

I did download your schedule a while ago..but it's the nutrient strength % part that I don't quite understand. What is that exactly? How do I measure it? I hope that's not too dumb a question but im fokn clueless! lol

@Admin: Broke the surface about 2 weeks ago. Still very small.

Had heat problem in my cab so left them outside.

Im about ready to put them inside now...and feeding.

The feeding schedule is a generic schedule. Not all strains are the same and they require different nutritional needs at different stages.

I would suggest starting off at a quarter (25%)  strength and work your way up to full (100%) as what the plants require. :poke

Knowing your strain is also a big help. Research white widow's feeding schedule to have idea of their ppms and apply it accordingly.

As I'm sure you noticed the ratios(strength) change as the plant gets older and bigger.

I  might be complicating it but you wont use all 25 litres while you're sitting on the first ratio, especially with just two seedlings(remember not to over water). In other words you won't have used all 25 litres before you need to up the strength. So once you need to up the strength you'll need to measure how much water you have left in the tank and work out how much more nutrient you'll need to add the water to stick to the indicated strength on the chart. Obviously that's not impossible but it can be a little more of a mission. I'm also not sure whether adding nutrients later on to the nutrient solution is a good idea either seeing as they do say on the bottle that you should always add the micro first.

If I were you I would mix the nutrients into a 5 litre bottle of water until the plants get a bit larger. Later on that 25 litre tank will come in handy.

I guess the main purpose to this post is to make sure you don't waste the nutrients seeing as they are pricey....

Just my opinion :-peace or JOMO as Max would say :-puffin

Agree with admin.

I personally mix a batch every time I feed. I mix small quantities (1LT) at a time, based on my container sizes. I know its more effort and mixing really small ratios, but I can adjust every time I feed.

I use a small 5ml syringe to measure 0.5ml,lol

Its seems to be working for me.

Interested to find various techniques for mixing nutrient solutions.:poke

Those 3 numbers refer to the macro nutrients N.P.K. Nitrogen Phosphorus and Potassium. And the numbers are in that order too.

So for growth phase you need high N and medium K -potassium so the first number shows the ratio of nitrogen in the fertiliser and should be highest for growth phase.

In flowering you need more phosphorus and potassium than nitrogen.

Those are the macro nutrients, remember plants need the micronutrients too to be healthy.