AACT Actively Aerated Compost Tea

Humic is used but I don't have experience with it.

Molasses is good.

Think soilfoodweb.com have a recipe with humic acid otherwise check microbeorganics.com for molasses recipes.

I use a lab formulated mix but don't know what's in it otherwise mostly molasses with some alfalfa / lucerne meal and kelp meal.

• 3 months later...

Hey peeps, was doing some reading on AACT, been 2 Toby`s post for guideline to brew my tea.

Right now i have 100+ litres of medium cooking and i wonder, will it benefit the mix if i add the tea? should i just stick to Ro water to moisten it?

You could spray a little on but I would not soak it with the tea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maxwell

The simplest answer is that humic is liquid charcoal/carbon. But google buddy, humates and wetting agents are used throughout growing nutrients.

• 1 month later...

Howzit guys?

I'm yet to start my first grow, so i'm reading until my eyes bleed.

If the tea only lasts a few hours, how much would you brew for 1 plant and how much tea do you actually use?

Would going organic be worth while if you plan on only ever growing one plant at a time?

Guest OnlyTheGood

That's a bit of a 'How Long is a Piece of String' question, the answer will depend on your container size, lighting, medium and evaporation.

It is definitely worth going organic if you're growing one plant or 100, it's better for the plant, the planet and you!

I would make a small 15-25l Vortexing brewer with a large funnel, bucket, air and water pump. You will have leftover tea that you can feed to the rest of your garden, for which it will be very thankful

Thanks OTG! Noted. Forgot I have a garden too! Hahaha!

The 1 plant mission is still a dream until my cabinet is sorted. I'm going with a simple cfl grow. Just as a starter, to see if i'm keen on going all out with proper lighting and so on. I'm weighing up my options and looking at what would cost the least amount of moola.

The organic option seems the best way to go, but it's a lot to deal with if you've never planted a thing in your life.

Hi bud

Organic to me grows the best smoke hands down and no hydro grower will ever convince me otherwise. I feel that by growing organicly you are connecting to the plant on a much deeper level , you have to learn about the microbes , fungi , soil mixes ,cooking etc . By doing all of this you gain a much deeper understanding of or beloved plant and as a by product the rest of the garden.

As for keeping costs down its also the best way to go as you can make all you need yourself with very little expense.  Have a look at gills page as he has loads of recipes you can make yourself. As I have said for many years feed the soil not the plant , healthy soil healthy plant.

Cannabis takes on the energy of the grower ... I speak to my plants I play music to my plants... each strain has a personality and each clone from that strain has a slightly different personality. We dealing with living things here and we would be nieve to think there wasn't some sort of consciousness no matter how alien it is to us. This being said would you want to be fed on chemicals or organic...treat your plants with as much love and respect as you can and they will reward you everytime

Lol I think most of you will think I am crazy... Maybe I am and maybe i have spent way to much time under HID but I know a few of the old timers will agree with me ...

Sorry for the ramble.....

Cheers

Reaf

:yipeeee  Dont worry GLO, I am crazy too :yipeeee

When I started my organic process I never knew what was out there on a microscopic level helping the world go around. I too started appreciating nature and all its wonder. I can actualy feel my fingers turning green :-gthumb