Two-Pipe

Dameine

I agree with @Aeradix

When it comes to lighting, LED lights in particular, there are various aspects which heavily affect how well a light will work. Not all diodes are equal and the diodes make all the difference really. You can add lenses and try different layouts, if the diodes are shit the whole light will suck.

Looking at PPFD map helps give you a better idea of the usable spread on the lights and how large of an area a single light will actually cover.

You can also use the map to get an idea of the average efficiency for the light which can help you compare it against other LED lights (or lights in general).

I feel with the COB it will have a bit of a hot spot and more than likely the spread won't be all that great.

I did a quick Google search and could not find any PPFD maps or figures for the Bloombeast A520 unfortunately.

Generally when looking at a light and the PPFD map, the more consistent and the higher overall average of the light, generally the better.
Lights with hot spots and where they then drop in PAR very quickly outside of the hotspot is not really what you want.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I've had my fair share of playing with various 'inexpensive' COBs. I find that due to the poor spread, you end up adding a lot of chips to increase spread which has a severe impact on electricity consumption. Don't get me wrong, they work well, results are great, but spread causes running costs on COBs to be very high (the driverless ones anyway)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1