Good evening all

Bakstein420

Hi everyone.

Long time smoker (my wife actually gets irritated with me if I don't smoke) and have decided to start growing my own due to high prices on sub standard green.

Have done a few outdoor grows and came across this forum looking for info on indoor micro grows. By the way it is awesome that we have a forum of this kind in SA. 

Anyway, looking forward to learning and growing some top shelf green.

Cheers

• Like 2

I had to Google what a Spacetote was, I am not familiar with these small grows. I struggle with the space I have and can squeeze 6 plants into my flowering tent.

I can see your light, although what is the box above it with the pipes and all?

Also what is the max height your plant will be able to reach inside there and are you growing in soil in a pot?

EDIT: Is it not easier to just purchase an 80cm x 80cm tent? You can get them for under R1k for a decent quality one, won't have height issues and it's built for the purpose. In terms of space consumed in a room, height wise it will be a little more but overall not much more floorspace being consumed.

Edited by PsyCLown

If all goes well and I enjoy indoor growing I will eventually get a tent.  The above box was made using mostly stuff that was laying around the workshop.

I still have an extra storage container if I need to raise the height, but plan on growing a small autoflower first, so prob 60-70cm plant height.

Ok nice, so with a plant height of 70cm and a 20L pot brings you to around 1m tall. I do not imagine your spacetote to be that tall and have enough distance from the light to the plant to prevent light burn and good spread.

Although with lots of LST (Low Stress Training) you can try and keep the plant short, perhaps try get a scrog net of sorts inside there and spread the plant out instead.

Will be tricky with an auto due to the limited veg time, may not work too well actually. Other LST methods can be used though, tie down the branches to keep it short.

I have an extra container I can still add to raise the light if need be, but want to try some LST and keep the plant low.

This is a spacetote grow time lapse on youtube that got me interested.

I know he only managed around 25g from the plant, but looks like fun.

Plus I love tinkering and building my own stuff, not a huge fan of plug and play (I like to make life difficult 😂).

Edited by Bakstein420
  • Like 1