H2Ou

16 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I have heard roots do not like light, so having a clear pot may not be ideal.

Another issue I see is that when you need to repot the plant, it may be difficult to remove the soil from there due to the shape.

Right...Thanks for that @PsyCLown. I will be getting me some pots today, then.

With regards to re-potting, I had thought of the careful use of a box-cutter/Stanley knife. 

The cotyledons have done their job and there is now revealed the very first signs of serrated leaves. 😃

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Ah....hi everyone.

Got a little distracted. 

Had multiple disasters with my various plants. They all died, except for two. One was male. Wow ! I had no idea what pollen production would be. lol.

With great sadness, for some reason that died too.

Leaving me with one plant which sprouted in early autumn.

Tomorrow is the winter solstice. Should I harvest yet ? Got one serious bud. And a bunch of littluns.

IMG_1101.thumb.JPG.2ffb38b6b52fa4e23d5e0da1d5fab697.JPG

Edited by H2Ou
  • Like 1

Here is some info on when to harvest. Depending on what effect you require from your buds. Would suggest you aquire a loupe to be able to see the trichomes, as it is the reliable method. 442e2d73572aa6ec0fcf62841caaf5a4.jpg15f866e5907a972afbd5b574e1228670.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone.

Apologies for having gone AWOL. I resigned my job in the middle of lockdown last year (my good mate was my boss and my sales were non-existent) and started my own fuel quality business. I've been head down, bum up ever since.

Due to the distraction of having to pay rent, buy food and clothe Mrs. H2Ou and myself, I gave up trying to grow my own puff and resorted to supporting a young local fella, who has provided me with some reasonable smoke in the interim.

As is my custom, I like to make a little number each evening and whenever I found pips in my bud, I just chucked them into the micro garden bed outside the garage back door.

Imagine my surprise when one day, whilst pulling out a huge tangle of cherry tomato vines, I found a full 10 litre flower pot with two seedlings about 6" tall, growing together. I sent a pic to a learned friend upcountry and he suggested I should apply some intensive TLC and see what happens.

Lots of lugging the pot from one side of the garden to the other, gradual soil improvement, adjusting water PH, homemade compost, banana tea, Seagro, some fertiliser and a bunch of luck.....well I cut the girls this morning at 06h30.

Very little in the way of buds, but the two colas look yummy. (I did buy a loupe).  😄

IMG_3911.thumb.jpg.9fe4ac87ab92888e54e7db5179ffc35c.jpg

IMG_3912.thumb.jpg.f0e3da18ae6cf5e24f9d5c00463f901d.jpg

IMG_3914.thumb.jpg.87d6769f32a8201e7cd5212a1350ca39.jpg

Edited by H2Ou
  • Like 6

Wow, blast from the past this thread is! 😄 

Glad you finally got some bud, I assume you will be giving it another shot after winter?

Drop me a PM in about a months time and I may be able to help you out with some seeds for your post-winter grow - if you want to do one 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Wow, blast from the past this thread is! 😄 

Glad you finally got some bud, I assume you will be giving it another shot after winter?

Drop me a PM in about a months time and I may be able to help you out with some seeds for your post-winter grow - if you want to do one 🙂 

Thanks very much, PsyClown. 

That's very decent of you.

I'm thinking of setting up a small DIY tent and will just wing it with some LED bulbs I've got in the garage. Can't do any harm, can it ? 😆

• Like 1

Thanks very much, PsyClown. 
That's very decent of you.
I'm thinking of setting up a small DIY tent and will just wing it with some LED bulbs I've got in the garage. Can't do any harm, can it ? 
Not sure how well that'll work for flowering, but should be alright to veg some plants.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Not sure how well that'll work for flowering, but should be alright to veg some plants.

Oh. I understood that if I adjusted light time, heat, humidity and air flow, I could grow in any weather or season, indoors.

Am I wrong ?

• Like 1

Oh. I understood that if I adjusted light time, heat, humidity and air flow, I could grow in any weather or season, indoors.
Am I wrong ?
That is incorrect, the duration of light will determine whether the plants will be in veg or flower.

What I meant is that a few led bulbs won't be sufficient for a plant to thrive during flowering and your yield will be affected negatively.

It's worth a shot, however I'd recommend spending a bit of money on a proper grow light to assist with flowering to ensure you get some quality bud.

Seedlings and veg plants don't require much light, different story when the plant goes into flower though.

• Agree 1