Bruce Banner x Royal Gorilla

Smelly Joe

Hey all

Had a crappy harvest end of season which led to much less bud than anticipated. But oh well, you live you learn.

But that did not stop me from trying again with indoors and I thought fuck it let's do a grow report.

Medium I'm using is Freedom Farm and the best part is that their soil price did not increase so that quite cool.
068310e4fafb296c4d3c17820d246d3c.jpg

I germinated in small 6 packs and after thinking they were growing slow I found upon transplant that they were getting root bound.

0f4ef9b09b3ea68fe0c6d931aa69e6b2.jpg

38bd65782be10fc9a639a7d47b598460.jpg

So I grabbed some pots filled it with soil and added Mycoroot to the bottom of the hole.

8d184a90b8c24526c94342af3bdbde3b.jpg

a400836d2399fff1eb203b9139057143.jpg

I watered them slightly but just enough to see a few drops coming out the bottom and placed them back in the tent.

4f483211ee3ce50925067fb693379d76.jpg

So I'll check in again as soon as things start growing.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that I am running the 12-1 cycle for veg with this grow. Never fully tried it and never saw anyone else try it on here (or did I miss that)

Another thing that I did not point out is that not all those plants is BB x RG. There is also a Red Cherry Berry, Original Cheese and a Mendocino Skunk there. I'll point them out later or just look for the odd pots out...

The lights turned on between 12:30 and 13:30 and tbh I could see that something has changed in the seedlings. Might be the new soil, new grow space, the mycorrhizae or just all of the above I guess.

Good things to come. Will mention the sponsor of this grow if he grants permission.

Nice man! Pretty sure I know where those seeds came from 😛 haha 

Why run 12 / 12 light cycle from the beginning? From what I have read, the plants require around 4 weeks of veg before they will flip over to flowering anyways, so giving them 12 / 12 light during this period just leads to slower growth, you might as well do 18 / 6 for the first 4 weeks and then flip over to 12 / 12 if you want to flower early and quickly.

I also don't think those few roots classify as root bound. Check the pic below (not mine), next time I'd say put the seed as it's sprouting straight into a larger pot.

root bound.jpg

Hey man I'm not doing a 12-12 cycle but rather a 12-1 cycle... images.jpeg.02ba818b1ad297b219dd0fe5f3d046e2.jpeg

I thought it might have been the cold but the roots also made me wonder. Those roots are the least roots of the lot and the only one I took a photo off last minute. They do look better and I will post updates soon so hopefully they grow well and fast now... 

It's a discussion that's been going on for a few years now. 1st heard of this back in 2003 but never really followed it by heart until it crossed my path again right after harvest as I was prepping for the new grow...

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME

Today is the first week of transplanting from those 6 pack nursery pots to 19cm pots filled with proper food soil.

4faf0e21aba12c19ed698691faf0fdad.jpg

I am still running the 12-1 cycle for now and made a few changes to the tent. I moved out all the other strains and placed only the BB x RG in there to see how the plants handle this from seed and having different strains in there kinda seemed like a headache, data tracking wise.

I prepped some good old Seagro for them when lights came in but the pots is still on the heavy side and soil is pretty much still moist enough. So that feed will go to the bonsai garden tomorrow afternoon after work or the day after.....

Im hoping for much faster growth from now on seeing that the roots has started to spread and the mycorrhizae should be active on those roots. Other than that all is good.

• Like 2

Doing updates on Mondays will be difficult and I will not have time for it so I would rather do it on Sundays

So let's get into this tiny little action going on in my tent....

cda09a15238851d68dbfa807479c4b1a.jpg

Today will be the 3rd week after transplanting and I am really impressed with the results so far. All except one has a different grow structure but that it not a bother at all.

37bf7ff3e7309761048d8c7aef5cd793.jpg

They have another 2 - 3 weeks left of vegetative growth and then it repotting to the 5L pots.

I waited until the pots were a little more drier than usual due to the cooler temps in my house and finally fed them on Friday evening. The growth the day after the feeding was clearly visible and I will surely keep using Freedom Farm and the Mycorrhizae. I'm still using Seagro for veg stage with no problems and the smell is not bothering anyone in the house....at this stage.

e445bda2c704e2c5885778beec24e758.jpg

The growth is nice and compact now but in sure that will change over time and my plan is to lollipop them..... I'm still running a 12-1 cycle and they are looking very healthy...

• Like 1

Hey guys hope you guys doing well it's Sunday again so it's update time.

072c09a8efe56f6680262ccf95aa4a3a.jpg

As you can see from the photos things have changed quite a bit. The growth is quite phenomenal and I'm still feeding seagrow. I'm pretty sure it has to do with soil as well and also with the mycoroot I added but things are surely looking good. 2 of the plants started stretching so those 2 are suspected males.

As for the other 3, they are still compact. I want to repot next week but I think it might be a bit to soon. Luckily I'm not pressed for time so another week won't hurt. Maybe 2, depends.

af918678ca6beff34dd3f492524a1546.jpg

I trimmed of the fan leafs to expose the bottom growth to see how the plant responds and if it goes well then Im trimming off the other plants leafs too.

Some closer pics of the plants

ce86ef2c09bbdc124b31f6fb277615cf.jpg0277f59fc938f4047358b84290255996.jpg0e2dd455d430be32a8c8ac267c1bf53f.jpg10602f9a671653ec13786af0ea31da73.jpg

Have a awesome Sunday

• Like 1

Whats up dude, girls are looking good. Have you got some Guanoflo? You buy it at Stodels or Starkes. When your girls are old enough to receive the nutes get yourself some of that and go in very light. Around 0.5ml/L to start off, I've found good results with dipping this feed in during veg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And here we go again

If I am right then the middle one and the 2 on the right is male. Hopefully I'm wrong about atleast 1 but if not I have 2 x mendicino skunks and 1 x red cherry Berry ready just for incase. I'll have better pics and updates next time. I'm a little pushed for time today, sorry.

Have a blessed Sunday

436cf5b4d4cb83a0b12fb5544055b425.jpg

Whats up dude, girls are looking good. Have you got some Guanoflo? You buy it at Stodels or Starkes. When your girls are old enough to receive the nutes get yourself some of that and go in very light. Around 0.5ml/L to start off, I've found good results with dipping this feed in during veg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Hey man. Thanx for those kind words. At this moment I am uai g seagro. Guanoflo is quite expensive compared to the Verti-gro I get in Gansbaai. At this moment I pay 350 for a 25L can and the stuff works amazing. Very similar to Guanoflo I think but better priced

• Like 1

Update time

First up is the family photo. Unfortunately 3 of the members decided to leave to persue better careers in the circus. Not sure why but oh well their memories will live on.

I was left with 2 ladies and the room felt empty and cold so I pulled in some friends of theirs to lighten the mood.

77c3187df94c95feaca17f71365d2d5d.jpg

1st up is the first lady:

0369f09b87eeec900789d440828df689.jpg

d3f7e3bfa93f9a7352ba8f870586bd1d.jpg

2nd lady:

2fda4d58dd0a42e15d975bddcba124c6.jpg

81232abe7c98b3d8b6109567cb372927.jpg

Their friend (Red Cherry Berry):

d1ec6d19fdd1e5c6f413e578ef11371c.jpg

Original Cheese :

406be2ea3b2cc508a1b479861ee57002.jpg

Last but not least, the twins.

Mendocino Skunk :

1c9f5e36e3dfb7b0fe08e4413753cb9f.jpg

Mendicino Skunk #2:

She was standing right in line with one of the fans and the leaves started cupping

605b66d94d88223891b776d34f9b5029.jpg

I am thinking of leaving them for a week and flipping over to flower this coming Sunday.

• Like 1

They are still on the smaller size yes but taking that stretching in consideration I guess that'll be OK. The other voice is also telling me to hold on and maybe let it veg for another week or so. Come next week Sunday I'll post those pics again and make that choice.

My weed is slowly getting less so it comes down to timing as well I guess

• Like 2

I started defoliation to prep for flowering and then I saw all those possible budsites. So yeah I'm vegging a bit more and will start training this weekend.

They are still on the 12-1 cycle. The Mendicino Cuttings is pushing pistols but hopefully it's due to sexing. I know she flowers quick so that also needs to thought off

6984dc8a477518d0a31eb8e4e7017492.jpg

Overheating I doubt cause currently my highest is 24C. None of the other are showing same signs. Fans also not moving trees but rather agentle blow.

I will be flushing them both when time is right but they were all repotted last week. The soil is still on the wetter side. I will be feeding my feeding the ither 4 today and will wait with these 2.

Overheating I doubt cause currently my highest is 24C. None of the other are showing same signs. Fans also not moving trees but rather agentle blow.

I will be flushing them both when time is right but they were all repotted last week. The soil is still on the wetter side. I will be feeding my feeding the ither 4 today and will wait with these 2.

How close to the fan is that one plant?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Smelly Joe said:

I'll have to measure the distance for you at 12:30 when the lights come on but I would guess about 30 cm.

And it's at an angle to not blow directly on the plants but rather create an airflow in the tent itself.

Does it oscillate at least?

Not really no. It's just a plain 220v panel fan that's originally made to pull air out of control panels where heat is involved. So it basically blows in one direction

Perhaps too much airflow going past the one plant?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1