Dying potted plants

Hello peeps I am so new to this but I thought I want to give it a go and see what happens so here it go's I am from Cape Town and have this two plants that I started growing from seed  in a box with a lamp 24/7 and after it started growing I decided to make them outdoor plants so I planted them in pots with normal garden soil and been giving them normal tap water and been puting them in the sun every day but now there leaves are going brown and it looks to me like they are dying can someone plz help

20190620_145432.jpg

20190620_145439.jpg

I use tap water, I know a lot of others do too. I have a meter though. I bring mine from 8 to 5.5.
What do you use to bring the PH down? I am trying to find something better than vinegar (I grow in organic soil) tap water here is 8 out of the tap. I struggle to get it down to 6 using vinegar. GH PH down works, but not good for microbes.

I have also tried a grow in the beginning using normal potting soil and it went terrible, had to amend the medium and add so much to it that buying some FF soil was a better option, haven't looked back since

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What do you use to bring the PH down? I am trying to find something better than vinegar (I grow in organic soil) tap water here is 8 out of the tap. I struggle to get it down to 6 using vinegar. GH PH down works, but not good for microbes.

I have also tried a grow in the beginning using normal potting soil and it went terrible, had to amend the medium and add so much to it that buying some FF soil was a better option, haven't looked back since

Lemon juice you buy at checkers of pnp, cheapest, most effective organic way. Been using that for about 2 years now. It does make your ph dive quick tho so be careful with the amount

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Lemon juice you buy at checkers of pnp, cheapest, most effective organic way. Been using that for about 2 years now. It does make your ph dive quick tho so be careful with the amount

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Awesome, will try that. Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...