N toxicity

Guest grunterfish86

Guest grunterfish86

Hi chaps

Question time for the experts I've been using the easy hydro three part from horti shop,  anyone readin this I would stay away from it imo as I will from now on. Been using less than their chart recommends and i still get nitrogen overload ! I'm using a drip system with leca and perlite plants grew well and little burn but kept getting N toxic and each part(grow,micro,bloom) has N in so theres no way to cut it out ???

OK to the question, can I use the bloom booster from horti shop, (it has no N in it) with my other nutrients micro and bloom ??? I'm three weeks true flower and have signs of N toxicity again !!! Have flushed with plain water and lowered my nutes,  i don't have an ec meter either.

Guest grunterfish86

Thanks 420 will def be getting that meter then,

Ya no grow for the past couple weeks ? Think I may have a pot bound problem maybe salt build up or sum in ?

If there is no nitrogen in the Bloom that you are using - then the dark leaf color you are seeing cannot be nitrogen overload.

Dark leaf color can be confusing.

Early stage potassium and phosphorous deficiencies present with dark leaves that can easily be confused with nitrogen overload. Even micro-nutrient deficiencies of manganese and zinc can cause the leaves to go a dark green.

So consider the possibility of a deficiency rather than an overload.

Sometimes a quick check is possible if you use a foliar spray containing half strength or quarter strength potassium and phosphorus. If after a couple of days spraying morning and evening you see no improvement - try low strength micro-nutrients in a spray.

If you are using tap water - high levels of calcium can lock out your magnesium, and that too, starts with leaf darkening, and all sorts of problems start cropping up. I use DIW (de-ionized water) exclusively, since discovering such problems.

Good luck.

Guest grunterfish86

Thanks for the reply Loui, my bloom does have nitrogen in, I don't really wanna spray anything cause shes already budding. I was using  filter water through out the grow then changed to tap water the last couple feeds so that's probably the problem there. Will take a photo to show you the leaves are clawin pretty bad !!!! My humidity was thru the roof today but managed to get my hands on a dehumidifier so that's under control now

Guest grunterfish86

337e8efa599dc32326009451dd30cbb9.jpg

This is my first hydro grow so used seeds given to me and got left with a outta control sativa after loosing a couple to males, this plant was a mutant from birth it topped itself from seedling I just let it grow but it stretched like crazy and been a newbie wasn't prepared for the size had to super crop and tie her down anyway not the best looking plant but got her this far lol the photo above is like almost seven foot high such a tall lanky lady !!!!!

dca952f02e2fc227f568cec7bec9da48.jpg

6788c6b6f2f9ed517f8e86220df8331d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grunterfish86

I also had two 85 watt cfls during veg the 6500s then took them out was gonna add 2700s but got over  fighting this girl the whole grow with space so left them.

The bud is def not as dense as could be tho and light penitration is bad BUT with regard to my elect bill i hardly noticed the increase.

Guest Maxwell

I think she is looking good T!! She needs some time still but doesn't look like she has stressed to much! Some strains will have airy buds naturally, Sativa Dominant strains are usually the culprits.  :-peace

Guest grunterfish86

Thanks bud ! Will take some pics with the light off, trichs are going cloudy now, I read that it does take longer to flower under led ? She is in her 8th week 12/12