Cal-mag Supplement for Coco coir grow

YourStonedBuddy

Whats good everyone, so grateful to have found this local forum :)

Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a cal-mag supplement for my grow?

Gthydro used to have but I cant find it on their website now. Grow guru has though

Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a cal-mag supplement for my grow?

Gthydro used to have but I cant find it on their website now. Grow guru has though

Hi thanks for the suggestion! ive contacted both stores and had no luck finding pure cal-mag. I've asked around abit told i could use this: https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/green-house-powder-feeding-calcium/

Do you have any experience with it?

Sorry I see its sold out... 

Well that GHS product is only gonna address the calcium side of things... so you could maybe use that in conjunction with epsom salts...

Horti used to sell a Calmag Nitrate product once, I see thats gone now as well

Sorry I see its sold out...

Well that GHS product is only gonna address the calcium side of things... so you could maybe use that in conjunction with epsom salts...

Horti used to sell a Calmag Nitrate product once, I see thats gone now as well

My bloom nute has a decent helping of magnesium (Mg 12,9g/kg) which makes me believe its more a calcium issue. Im going to pickup the calcium sup tomorrow, hoping everything work out!

• 1 month later...

Hello YSB,

Did you manage to source cal-mag  for your grow ?

Since I have some coco and GH nutes around,  I was considering a coco/perlite mix to use with GH Lucas formula and will  need to supplement.

What nutrients do you use and how would describe the results thus far ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey YSB,

How's this grow progressing ?

On 10/5/2018 at 8:06 PM, YourStonedBuddy said:

Ive been really interested in the Lucas formula, you should start a grow dairy so others can follow along 

I have just been informed by the popular Lucas Formula information on the international forums. Some have been supplementing with epsom salts only.

If I do decide to try LF , I will strive to keep a log.

1 hour ago, greenkush said:

I also believe I have cal-mag, went to GT hydro to complain they need to stock it and they keep it on the shelf, they didnt want to say why they don't advertise it. Picked up 1KG for R50.

Is that cal-mag nitrate?

Yeah that's why I asked. It has nitrogen in it and can mess with you during flowering. Made my plants foxtail a bit. Great for veg though if you arent doing organics. The greenhouse calcium with epsoms is our best bet at the moment until more products come onto the market.