Project Bagseed.

Guest Brett

And a very cold good morning everyone, 16 dg in kzn. It's from Bagseed which was a horrible smoke but made great edibles.

Dimensions: 2m high,1.2 wide and 600 deep.

Soil: nursery potting mix which worked well on my first grow.

Lighting: 14- 23w 6400k daylight cfl

1- led 100w 6500k bulb

2 comptower 12v fans ( inlet and exhaust )

1 14 inch oscillating fan ( not in yet )

Nutrients- Seagro so far but also have nitrosol and guanaflo.

Have a bag of worm castings on order

5lt banana tea in the fridge, steeped with 6 bananas for 3 days.

Starting a small worm farm and compost heap next week for my next grow with og kush from cannabisseds.co.za

Using CFL due to cost at the moment, and my family's elec business is run from home, so spike in power from my house will be noticed easily. Grow is for medical reason, I have degen disc disease l1-l4 awaiting 3rd op due to second being unsuccessful and the start of osteoporosis on l1. So fusion on l3-l4 coming up in June next year so need to dial in my grows before I attempt the og Kush which was recommended for its pain relief.

Seeds sprouted 7-11-17 - 9-11-17.

First pics @ 14-11-17 ( 1st three pics.)

2nd set @ 25-11-17

10 CFL in the hood and 4 on the side wall.

100w led hopefully mounting today.

2 of the girls front right have been overwatered. Got the droops.

Feeding 30ml Seagro every 3rd day so far only Betty and Veronica didn't like it, so going to feed every 4th day @ 20ml from today which is day 4. B and V are only affected on 1st and 2nd set of leaves, new growth is normal.

The rest of the girls are fine...

Hope you guys enjoy my journey so buckle up and enjoy the ride...:-peace:-meditate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good Afternoon everyone,  it's hotter outside than the boks game yesterday. Not that I follow the boks much anymore. Nothing too crazy happened this week with the team, installed the 2 100w led lamps on Wednesday morning and the girls were loving it, Thursday was pretty much the same till just before lights off that all the girls were anemic and anorexic looking due to intense heat off the 100w, so that caught me with my pants down and vampired the girls badly, with natural selection taking place we have the final seven girls in their new homes :-clap @_danny_h_( 20 cm ) for now. Only got them in yesterday due to rubbish week.  Feeding Seagro every 3rd day.

After sitting with my og Kush for 3 weeks the itch became too great so I dropped a seed in water Monday eve and out Tuesday eve with a slight crack on the side. Into potting soil and broke surface today, might have put a bit deep but she is up. Got her in my original box with the seventh survivor of the above. 

And finally a 1 hr max project turned into all afternoon build still to be completed yesterday is my scrog table.

Busy with the net section later today. Table measures 1mlong and 55cm wide, have 20cm clearance for run-off tray. Net length will greater than table length as cab is 1.2m .

Anyway that wraps up my week, pics down under starting with the Wilters to the og to the table....

Happy week to all..:-thumbsup

image.thumb.jpeg.59e67fdde5a65e2b34756bf4a9b43292.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fc4d32f6570e29e3621931a013eb61da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bdb2e4bb8ef0de3c9494241e9aba2ae4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84d28d70931d0d1cbbf065682e3c6c20.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b05db9248ba3ed8d5d9badb8181d9d75.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2729efd00cc2a099dd7b638e09b7af92.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c079657208a3cc5ad28b5b0f75453744.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a7bfc1970647a4e0965be3fa20c5a66.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9c9bb90cf6814e3efdf5756337951626.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.11e823acd31bcf17c2bd24da8b52bcbb.jpeg

A question if you please, I've read that using river or beach sand as a top cover against fungus gnats and such is a deterrent. Would using fine but chunky shale do the same...???:-hilarious

Haha lol CerealKilla[/member], nah that's just the table top, net will be above that with option for a second net.

spot on@_DANNY-_H_

Have a pleasant eve all....:-puffin

A question if you please, I've read that using river or beach sand as a top cover against fungus gnats and such is a deterrent. Would using fine but chunky shale do the same...???:-hilarious

Don't do so myself but sand is effective, ya. Need to be careful not to choke off air from the rootball so generally not a good idea with plastic pots, apparently ok with fabric pots. Also, the buggers will enter through the drainage holes too. Couldn't comment on shale, but I would assume it depends on how small the particulate is, same warning with starving oxygen from the rootzone.

So on the hunt for Neem Oil, the local nursery couldn't get it only as a mass order can they. But got directed to an Indian retailer and they had this, is it the same thing. Any help appreciated...

image.jpeg.6425094a41680a4799b236827fff9ccb.jpeg

420SA[/member], it's a 100ml bottle which was R16. Label says not for medicinal use. When enquiring about I pointed it out and was told its used for a lot of medicinal remedy so in the Indian culture. So googled it earlier and it does have a lot of med qualities ( 46 to be exact )  but didn't read to many of them. So I will try it out when needed, what would the dilution ratio be excuse my asking..

It is so hit and miss with bagged stuff where I live, you'd think being from a farming community we would be on top of decent stuff being 20 min away from the Drakensberg but no the good ol days of killer puff from the berg are over so really hope these ladies go all the way. Want to try autos but want to do it outside as have a farm but I live in town and my boet is on the farm and don't trust his pudgy chicken farmer hands on my ladies. ...:sillyass

LoL. I hope that it works out brother. I would love get my hands on a piece of land to get growing bigger. Autos are nice but I found that some grow and give great results while others is just a waste if time and energy.

Order yourself a few good strains and just keep some mothers.

So small update.... Girls have bounced back lovely after major heat stress, now they looking perky and leaves pointing up in a V shape. Did 1st feed nitrosol 2.5ml to a liter, noticed tips yellowing yesterday but me thinks ( hoping ) it's the nitrosol, I also think I need to add aeration to my potting mix but don't want to mess with as only just replanted 2 weeks ago..??  Doors open with ice by the inlet, proper stinking today.

@Hein, I've got og Kush from cs.co.za bout a month n a bit, planted to weeks ago, saw her pop her head out with helmet still on and no progress so moved soil around to check root and she was shriveled and brown. Only watered 5ml when needed.....dampening...??? So have 2 left and scared to try again. Brother has other 2 and his seedling is a week old but the paddle leaves and first true leaf are a bit mutated so also scared off trying by that. Was looking at Haze 2.0 for the auto for a beginners luck try on the farm...:rastabanana

Ok not so short sorry, can anyone shed some light on fox farm soil, might order some from gthydro amongst a cpl other items biobizz and such.

Anyway cheers all, any good or bad advice the more the merrier...  Ps can someone shed some light on how to use the guanosol saw it and bought on impulse...

image.thumb.jpeg.47f755ba3df1f0d87d556496b851230d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad888aa1e430898618e6527b735d6190.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1e72265d28f3085468efa67dc0d1eadc.jpeg

image.jpg.dfd2e2afbfb1e457728920ef9f34f1fd.jpg

JustinHemp420[/member], sorry I stand corrected, it's freedom farms soil. And thanks for input on em pro, just googled so thanks for that, wouldn't of known bout that fella.

Morning all, Jimmy-z[/member]. I've only done 2, 1st died root was close to cm long and just turned brown, shriveled and died. 

2nd seed went to the farm started life outside, I brought it home to start it indoor. First set of true leaves, 1 never fully formed maby self mutilation.....??

image.jpeg.258922c69d96980b2e2174f257aba9b1.jpeg

Soil is a mix from the farm, not sure of content, but it's red soil, stones and prob cow and sheep sh.t knowing my brother hence she looks half dead. Waiting for her to come right and get bigger before transplant, had 2 feeds I know of, 1 water and 1 seagro  10ml each.