Pregrow prep

CG420za

Howzit ouens

I'm getting ready to fire up my grow cab again, but I need to do a few things first. Went shopping today. I'm moving away from nutriplex to biobizz. Got grow, bloom and fish. Mycoroot, rock phosphate, trichoderma and calmag.

1) I need to buffer my coco, that's happening tomorrow. Any tips?

2) After I buffer the coco, I'm gonna do a 50/50 coco/perlite mix. Should I add some rock phosphate and trichoderma to that or is that only for potting up?

3) Is there any special prep in regards to using rockwool cubes to germinate?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Trickerst It's *maybe* buffered already, can ask them. Otherwise they have bankies of Cal-Mag nitrate for buffering. Charging and buffering are often used interchangeably, but in some instances charging may refer to running a mild nute solution through. 

Flushing the balls out of it will wash away some goodness, as will the use of salts (nutes) over time, depending, deplete the microlife. 

Having run into the 'timebomb' Mg and Ca deficiencies before, from either improper washing or improper buffering, I would be a lot more concerned about ensuring the coco was buffered and [light] flush after to rinse. One can always try add amendments back in, but it's far more difficult to correct Ca and Mg lockup from unbuffered coco let alone identifying that as the issue once it occurs. 

TL;DR: Paranoid. I'd buffer it anyway, even if they told me it was buffered. Paranoia from past experience and elimination of variables should defs. occur.