Grow Tents being sucked in

Guest Thatoneguy

Hello fellow Growers, i have recently made a purchase of a lovely Mars Grow Tent. Since buying it and connecting the ouput fan i have noticed the tent sucks in quite a bit making my 1m x 1m become a 70cm x 70cm. I was wondering if anyone who has a tent has experienced this and if they have noticed a change in yield or growth due to poor lighting. Has anyone ever come up with a solution, I found this online but fist me in the eye if im going to spend 22 pounds on something that i will need 3 or 4 of just to mcguyver a product i may as well spend a little extra and buy another tent. Some might say put an intake in there but surely with enough ventailation from the bottome the tent shouldnt suck in..................but it does haha. 

http://www.extendogrow.com/product/extendo-product/

pic_1.png.9f3365ab75188cc8ccbcb5b10bf02152.png

What extraction fan are you using? Is there no way to turn the fan speed down a bit. If not I'd suggest using more passive intakes or even having a small intake fan. Are there no available holes for more intakes?

The tent being sucked in is a good sign because it means you've got good positive pressure going. Mine does the same but nothing excessive

Guest Arcz

Mine also does that, Changed the Fan to the slow speed setting but still doing, at least not as much as before.

I might be wrong, but think I read somewhere here that negative pressure is not good for the plants, I dont see how though? I have also not been able to find any confirmation of this.

These are just copied and pasted from other forums

"also u def want negative pressure because that way your sure that smell is not leaking out"

neg pressure is a good thing it means your exhaust is putting out just a bit more then your taking in.. which is good.. i use a passive intake system and the air in my room gets exchanged 2x a min in my main flower room and 4x a min in my tent . u want negative pressure.. its a good thing "

"

a negative pressure means that the pressure within your system is less than the pressure of the environment. high pressure flows to low, so any and all air leaks will be leaking into your system. this is optimal for smell control. so basically: environment>>leaks and intake>>system>>filter>>blower>>environment

i have a passive intake, so a negative pressure is naturally maintained.

i'd say you done a good thing! "

So from what i can understand i actually want a Negative pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sparkus420

Mine does the same its not a bad thing, my ext fan is to big even on its low setting and running a small intake. I am going to turn it down my friend has a dimmer type mod that he did to his. But yeah its not a bad thing.