Year-end Mini Grow - Skunk #1, Bubba Kush, Jack Herer & UK Cheese

420SA

Hey folks

I'm FINALLY getting another log going on the forum, it's way overdue. Life has been a bit hectic of late so growing needed to take a step back.

I wasn't actually meant to be growing now as well as we'll be moving at the end of this year but as many of you will know, growing withdrawals are far worse than actual cannabis withdrawal so I just had to get something going to keep me sane :-puffin

Straight into it:

Strains

My original plan was to veg 2 seeds for 3 weeks and then flip them so that they flower out in time for our move.

Fortunately for me, a friend very kindly donated 2 of his clones to me as well, fully vegged out, as he didn't have enough space for the 2 plants in his grow space.  Lucky me

The 2 seedlings of mine are:

Sensi Seeds - Skunk #1

GHS - Bubba Kush (BK)

2 clones from my mate:

GHS - Jack Herer (JH)

Unknown Breeder - UK Cheese

Medium & Feeding

The skunk and bubba kush will be grown in coco/perlite fed with Nutriplex , supplemented with calmag

Jack Herer and cheese are in organic soil which I'll just give straight water for now and will start feeding later on. I have no experience with Organic growing, the last organic grow I tried had to end prematurely

Environment

Plants will be flowered out in an 80x80 tent. JH and cheese are in there already and have been flowering for 6 days now since Monday. I'm using a 400W hps in there with 4 inch extraction, passive intake.

Skunk and BK seedlings will be vegged in a cabinet for another week with a 250W MH and then they will join the others in the tent.

Here's how they look so far:

Seedlings - Skunk on the left, BK on the right

Plants in tent - JH on the left, cheese on the right (droop is due to lights off)

20160911_103109-s.thumb.jpg.4c267923fc2e6e53391c3f2a60e33296.jpg

20160911_113536s.thumb.jpg.0d367eefee4b62d512d7b2c7362fa38a.jpg

Very nice 420! Awesome to see another grow up, definitely will follow along

I think I need to get friends like yours man, thats very lucky to get them that big. Seems u will be moving into the new home with a selection of bud

:-hilarious  the timing was literally perfect. Told him I was starting a small grow and he just happened to have 3 plants which needed a loving home, I could only take 2 so unfortunately the 3rd had to be put down. It's such a blessing cos I was looking at about 20-30 g's collectively from the 2 seedlings I was looking to grow out initially. The CannaGods can be very generous sometimes

The plants are looking fantastic bud! Nice strains as well. I've just started a new grow as well. Seedlings have been up for about 2 or 3 days now. I also have 2 skunk #1's this round, but mine are freebies from G13 Labs. Quite like G13's stuff, so I'm keen to see how yours turn out.

Subbed!

Thanks Trail. My skunk was also a freebie from bonza, BK too. So this is kinda a freebie shedding exercise. If these phenos are keepers I'm gonna be bitterly disappointed. Cloning them isn't an option :(

Guess this will be a good showcase of what you can get with just 3 weeks of vegging :investigating

Quick Update

The seedlings have been vegging for 15 days now, another 4 days and they'll have to be flipped. The skunk(left) is looking pretty good, the BK not so much, but we could very easily attribute that to its breeder. Have had trouble with just about every GHS seedling I've ever grown.

Feeding them with a ppm of 380 right now. 120ppm of calmag and the rest nutriplex

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=963.0;attach=4602;image

Not much to report with the flowering duo, they've been in flower for 9 days now. Gonna give them a a good defoliation tonight. Harvested some worm castings on the weekend which I'll use in the compost tea for the next feeding

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=963.0;attach=4601;image

:-peace

flowering-duo-0914.thumb.jpg.9a777b71df44e5ad29338740577a3f79.jpg

seedlings-0914.thumb.jpg.c900c287703dc4d6cb9b5942e2b42546.jpg

Looking good 420. That skunk looks nice and healthy. Pity you have to flip so soon though.

I've stayed away from GHS beans as I've just read way too many negative reviews about them. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Looking forward to your next update bud. My seedlings are now 5 days old. Just wee little things.

I've stayed away from GHS beans as I've just read way too many negative reviews about them. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

There is certainly fire but there are one or two decent strains of theirs. I was given 15 of their seeds. Kings kush, Jack Herer, AMS, Bubba Kush and Exodus Cheese. 3 seeds of each..... and the results have been mixed, mostly bad. Haven't grown out all the seeds though. 

The kings kush was a complete dud, one seed wouldn't grow past 20cm and the other 2 wouldnt germ. The A.M.S was pretty average, has a low yield and didn't like the smell. Their jack herer was a winner though, a strain i would definitely grow again, really stank, loved the aroma and high! The Exodus cheese was not too bad, not a keeper though, low yielder. Bubba kush was ok, buds were rock hard but taste was not great at all and didn't like the high.

Pretty much indicative of cheap, mass produced seeds

Quick update

The flowering girls are now 14 days into flower. Cheese is looking a little hungry. Gonna water them with some compost tea this afternoon which has been brewing for almost 24h now

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=963.0;attach=4643;image

Compost tea brewing

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=963.0;attach=4639;image

The skunk is going into the tent with them today. The bubba went in the bin about an hour ago, let this be a good warning sign to anyone considering buying GHS seeds. These plants have had the exact same feeding regimen, exact same medium and look at that BK, what a totally useless pathetic piece of plant she is :sillyass The root structure was very poor compared to the skunk which I repotted 4 days ago. Im actually quite chuffed with the amount of growth I got out of the skunk

Skunk on the left, Bubba kush on the right... GHS :-wtf

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=963.0;attach=4641;image

20160920_092739-s.thumb.jpg.2e92e6253434a7f31a472ea5a01c12b2.jpg

20160920_092648-s.thumb.jpg.dd193ae61e71a3b63f338a08fdd09c05.jpg

20160919_115154-s.thumb.jpg.ba80d438fe137dd06f6d368bf28c6feb.jpg

Update

Organics are 26 days into flower and aren't looking good I'm afraid :'( Im not sure if it was the compost tea but ever since then the JH has gone south. As a hydro grower I want to blame it on PH but I have no idea really... The cheese is ok, also didnt react all well after the compost tea, she could look a lot healthier too... im gonna feed with seagro tonight but I may even start using nutriplex with them...

Skunk is 12 days into flower and doing fine,  she went unfed for 5 days (been very busy lately) and so was a bit hungry, that's been addressed now and she's looking healthy

Will update again soon

20161002_173943.thumb.jpg.a4d609eac1802407f4ca72e3fde4a454.jpg

Turns out my skunk #1's are not skunks at all. One of them has started flowering under 18/6 lighting. Aarrghhh!!!!

Strange!! From Bonza right?

Yeah, from Bonza. When I opened the seedpod (following their instructions) I managed to mix up all the seeds. Luckily this was the seedpod with majority freebies in it. So not a complete waste. Still...

What was in your tea?

Pretty basic tea ingredients really... 1 cup EWC, tablespoon kelp meal, tablespoon alfalfa, tablespoon molasses and toward the end of the brew I added a tablespoon liquid seabird guano. Brewed in 5 litres of water which was then diluted with another 5 litres at the end of the brew...

I did have a concern though before the brew... these are my own EWC from my worm bin and the castings smelt pretty bad hey, not rancid,  but it kinda smells like the mud you get from the bottom of a dam, not sure how else to explain it.... which makes me think that perhaps the castings have gone anaerobic. I keep my bin outside exposed to the elements like rain, this winter was a wet one so that could be the blame...

Yeah, from Bonza. When I opened the seedpod (following their instructions) I managed to mix up all the seeds. Luckily this was the seedpod with majority freebies in it. So not a complete waste. Still...

Those seed pods are tricky, I found the easiest way to deal with them is to lift the top plastic lid off and leave the cardboard dial thingy in the pod, press down on the cardboard dial and turn it until it comes to the seed section you want. The seeds wont jump sections that way

Sorry to hear about your troubles 420. Sending positive vibes your way. Here is hoping you turn things around.

Thanks dude, there's just so much going on right now that I don't even have the time to manage these 3 plants properly. Only have me self to blame :sillyass