Fertigation for clay pebbles......

Furbrain

Hi folks. Not so sure this is the proper place to post but can't see 'clay pebbles' in hydro sub forum?.

Anyhow, hoping someone could point me in the right direction regarding my 12 day old girls that are growing in clay pebbles please?. I am fertigating 15 minutes on and 60 minutes off!. Using netbow drippers but not sure if my little ones need more or less feeding?. Started with 6.2ph 400ec and have been slowly reducing until 5.8ph . I will now let the ph 'float' between 5.8 and 6.2 ????.

Maybe increase nutes soon but would like to know if these girls look ok?. Leaves are a bit wavey and they don't look in great condition but seem to be growing ok?.

Should I increase fertigation 'for clay pebbles '?. Maybe increase nutes?. Something is not quite right and would appreciate any comments. IMG_20221109_080507.thumb.jpg.1da0f3451b0392139a799dc595e54b8c.jpg

The plant looks happy to me. From your recent posts I'm getting the impression that you might be micro-managing your plants and possibly over loving them 😉.

These plants really don't need much, especially at this age/size, a little bit of nutrients and water with some good light is all you need.

The leaves will change between different shades of green throughout the grow and this is because the plant will be shift movable nutrients around the plant and that does impact leaf color.
movable nutrients are things like Nitrogen (N), Magnesium (Mg), Phosphorous (P), Potassium (K), and Nickel (Ni). 

It's only really a cause for concern when you start seeing yellow spots or yellow leaves. Outside of that they will go all shades of green at some point or another.

If you look at your plant and the leaves are straight out or praying and it looks happy, then leave the plant, it's doing great and is doing what you asking it to do at it's own biological pace. 😃

4 hours ago, DesignatedDave said:

The plant looks happy to me. From your recent posts I'm getting the impression that you might be micro-managing your plants and possibly over loving them 😉.

These plants really don't need much, especially at this age/size, a little bit of nutrients and water with some good light is all you need.

The leaves will change between different shades of green throughout the grow and this is because the plant will be shift movable nutrients around the plant and that does impact leaf color.
movable nutrients are things like Nitrogen (N), Magnesium (Mg), Phosphorous (P), Potassium (K), and Nickel (Ni). 

It's only really a cause for concern when you start seeing yellow spots or yellow leaves. Outside of that they will go all shades of green at some point or another.

If you look at your plant and the leaves are straight out or praying and it looks happy, then leave the plant, it's doing great and is doing what you asking it to do at it's own biological pace. 😃

I appreciate the information........ thankyou!

I feel more comfortable with this Wilma 4 pot system now!.

My problem seems to be with the amount and when to feed a seedling (in soil). I've murdered so many by drowning them I ought to be in prison!......

Of course that makes me nervous using this hydro system for the first time and really not knowing what to expect. So far, this indoor setup with clay pebbles seems much more forgiving than the soil/Coco setup outside. I was told you can even run the hydro 24/7 and you won't drown your plants 'by mistake'..............!. That gives a newbie like me more breathing space and no stress at feeding times.      I won't stress too much about the pH now either after your reassuring comments. 'Apparently' I could even come down to 5.5ph with this setup ????...........

Also I'm lead to understand that under 6ph is better for growth rising to 6.3 when flowering?????.........so will try and keep it in the 5.5 -6.0 for now???......IMG_20221104_174720.thumb.jpg.b9c74964dc52522a9294c4f7c0670818.jpg