Popping Beans

Deano86

Hi all so I have some older seeds that I want to germinate using the soaking method then into the paper towel.  What ratio of 3% hydrogen peroxide would I use also any paper towel manufacturers I should stay away from know that ones with dye in are a no no. 

Hey bud! 

what's the peroxide for?

If you wana be sterile, just boil water, let it cool down and use that clean. Even that is over kill. 

most important is a constant 25-28°C.

Take that water fill a shot glass 2/3 and drop the seed in. If it sinks - perfect. If it floats, not to worry. Either way give it 24hrs, when you check up on it and still hasn't sunk lightly tap the floating seed with your finger tip. If it still doesn't sink, you might have a dud. Still plant it and see wat happens.

Either way don't leave your seed in the water for longer than the 24hrs otherwise you drown it. It has sucked up all the moisture it possibly can by now and because of this reason you don't want your paper towels soakes, you just want them 50% moist.

you can take a 2 plates, normal ones you eat from, clean them nicely with warm soap water, fold any white paper towel couple times and wet it with fresh cooled down - boiled water, pour off excessive water and lay your seeds ontop of the moist paper towels and place another paper towel over it and just lightly press it down. Usually no need for more water. few drops is all you need.

Take the second plate and turn it upside down ontop of the other one, to keepn it dark and closed but breathing still and keep it in a warm place like a window sill. sun light won't get inside. don't cook them anything over 30°C will not be ideal. 

If you have a modem or some kinda router in your house even a dstv or a netflix reciever thing works perfect as a little heat mat, you just simply place it ontop. 

keep track of temp, if it goes above 30 just move it.

open paper towels first time after 36hrs