Dripper flush...

Hi folks, I'm only starting my (outside) grow next month!.

I will be using (see attached) in fabric pot with a dripper system. This is my first time with both.

How do I produce any sort of run off using a dripper system?. I have grown using hard pots, (soil medium) and watering can before and 'run off' is easily achieved but can't understand how to do this with a dripper system?. I'm only guessing that I would have to have the drippers on for a long period of time ........basically soaking the Coco at every feed!. Surely the point of a dripper system is to administer only the amount needed for the plant?????? 

Maybe my confusion is the fact soil mediums need different amounts water/nuts intake than Coco??????.

Hope this makes sense and any insight welcome please.Screenshot_20220922-074145.thumb.png.1243f0dc9c046e9b82e634820b259c12.png

• 2 weeks later...

it is ideal to keep the coco between 90 and 100% saturated all the time. Therefore, when we water in coco, the coco is already 90% saturated and it cannot hold much more. As discussed further below, the ideal quantity of water per event is about 5% of the volume of the growing container. This is ideal, but the rule is that you need to always provide enough water to actually produce adequate run-off from each plant.

😬 Coco.. the world in between.. why not use rock wool with your drippers? You want tasty weed, you go soil. You want a lot of weed, you go hydro. You go coco, you couldn't make up your mind and get no advantage from one or the other 😋 (I don't think i have to mention that i am no fan of coco 😂)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 1:16 PM, Prom said:

😬 Coco.. the world in between.. why not use rock wool with your drippers? You want tasty weed, you go soil. You want a lot of weed, you go hydro. You go coco, you couldn't make up your mind and get no advantage from one or the other 😋 (I don't think i have to mention that i am no fan of coco 😂)

Hi there Prom.

Yep, looks like the newbie has chosen something that I shouldn't have 😆. I fancied trying Coco for a new experience and liked the idea of auto fertigation. I've sussed out (after much research) how to achieve run off and WAS looking forward to growing with this medium. Everything is set up and waiting for the seedlings. Seedlings I'm starting in tent before transfer outside however I'm getting 'issues' already! (see my other post today).

Ho hum......never mind. I'm already set for the pricey Co co and hate to just give up now without trying it at least!.

Trial and error............are my middle names.

Wondered how many folk on this forum use co co with success?.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards. I appreciate your feedback............. . thankyou 👍.