Do chem nutes belong in organics?

Guest kimcarsons

What exactly is organics, lets start there. Can anyone tell me how "Hydro" nutes are not organic? Surely organics and hydro is about technique, not ingredients?

Id say ORGANIC, is as close to how nature does it, as possible. That goes for lighting, watering, nutrients, soil, everything involved in the life of the plant. Id consider anything synthetic, refined or heavily processed to be non-organic. Having said that, i now realise that growing organic INDOORS isnt 100% organic since you're using artificial light...

But yeah, Id suggest organic is as close to nature as possible. So NO, i dont think chemical nutrients belong in organic grows.

Quiet simply put no....chemical nutes can not be used in an organic grow as it will no longer be an organic grow by definition , it will now be classed as a hydrid grow.

Now on weather you can use them or not yes you can but I personally wouldn't.  There are clear definitions that class weather a nutrient is chemical or organic due to the process by how they are made and how they work.

Yes on the end they all come down to ions but it's how they get there to me that counts . Chemical nutrients rely on the manufacturing process to chelate the ions to a usable product for the plant what organic will rely more on the microbial life in the ryzomophic layer in the medium to chelate them into a usable product.

There is a lot of debate about weather chemical nutrients actually kill of the microbial life or not but there is no definitive answere. For me it comes down to feeding the soil not the plant , by using organics correctly you are constantly conditioning the soil and improving it. On the other side you have chemical nutes that slowly deplete the soil of essential minerals as chemicals will not replace those in the soil. Chemical will also over time I feel kill the soil as the constant application of harsh salts can not be good for a living Soil. 

Hemp is grown around Chernobyl because of its unbelievable properties to extract harmful chemicals out the soil and is helping speed up the Chernobyl cleanup by decades and for this reason I personally grow organic it tastes better and I am not smoking chemical nutes.

In the end of the day this is just a personal preference of grow style and preferences. 

Either why this topic is a can of worms that's been opened lol

Cheers

Reaf

Guest kimcarsons

Not sure if anyone has followed how Chernobyl has recovered. The nature fanatics can suck it. No ways a little bit of man made radiation can put a stop to the natural cycle. As for definitions of production processes, should there be one synthetic process, would that discount an organic additive? What are said definitions? I'm not sure "Hybrid" is such a thing. Organic/Hydro seems to be more about technique and method, not what you put in. If you rely on your soil/decay of carbon, or whether you rely on cat-ionic exchange, what goes in seems to be less of the issue. HOW it goes in is where it is at me thinks...