Dead spots on sugar leaves... what could cause this?

Dookie69

Hi Prom, I suspected either heat stress or both heat stress and my Autopot res running dry as a combo issue. I have LED’s which ought to be 45cm away but mine are 35cm. Maybe this specific lady didn’t dig it, the other 3 are fine.
Might also be a dead spot in the tent where the oscillating fans don’t reach.
I went away for 3 days so never checked daily.
Should I trim those leaves off or just leave them be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that your temps not going over 30 in any case.. 26 is the last bit of the sweet spot. 

Na, can't be the autopot res.. the plant would show deficiency on all buds and leaves.. not just the endings. MORE air ^^ if your LED are able to do that, do yourself a favor and add another fan. Baking your buds ruins the flavors 100%.. keep em cool, 😎 then distance is not your issue as fast. If your LED gets just hot, add a cooling fan to it.. worth it

I wouldn't trim, that is just damage that will stay. you get it off easy with a trim brush when you dress the buds

Edited by Prom
last addon
  • Agree 1

Thanks Prom, I appreciate the help.
I am running CO2, only at 800ppm, so I have been running higher than normal temps. It’s a bit of hit and miss this grow.
Started this grow in summer and the temps plus humidity were crazy.
Bought better extractor fans but they caused more humidity to enter the room and the dehumidifiers were not coping. So I got a new split ac which helped but still all that cooled dry air was being sucked outside. So I tried running the outlets into the room itself, like a closed sealed system. This worked surprisingly well but now the available co2 to the plants would be used up. I bought a co2 controller just to keep tabs on the CO2 levels, and it turned out I’d need to open the room up a bit every day to replenish Co2. Not a problem unless I went away for 3 or 4 days. So I got a co2 reg and bottle, not really to push the CO2 grow, but mainly to keep it good for the plants, around 500ppm. Slowly I increased it along with slightly higher temps.
My aim next summer is to run my lights during the day and make use of the co2 to allow high temps, and save on the amount of ac power I’m using. This will also allow a natural temperature drop during the evening, so run 18/6 from 06h00 till midnight or similar.

The whole thing is a balancing act as you know. I think my problem plant wasn’t getting enough air over her canopy, a bit of a hot spot in the tent corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ I just posted it in another post.. I got told you run CO2 concentration between 900 and 1100 ppm 😄

Yes, I agree, bud burn mainly happens when there is not enough air flow. My LED are just warm.. and I can keep my hand on all the time.. there is no chance to burn my plants, even they touch the light. The cooler your lights, the more efficient they run.. and the less they burn anything 😎

I run my lights during night and go dark during the day. Not nice to maintain, but I can run most of the time without AC support and stay below 26 even in Summer. If they get a tick to warm, is during dark time. But AC not letting it go over 28. Winter I try to stay around 20 dead.

With every fuckup we learn ^^ or should learn. Don't repeat the mistake and your next run is smoother 😉 but the little burn is also not to tragic.. plant is short stressed, just keep them praying.

• Like 1