Sealed grow room almost

Dookie69

Growing in Summer is not for sissies. I have 2 tents in a small grow room in an out building. The out building has a low roof with no space to speak of between the ceiling and the corrugated roof. This results in a very humid and hot environment.

Anyway I found that because of the heat, I set the (extraction to outside) fans quite high. This has the adverse effect of drawing in a lot of fresh humid hot air, meaning the dehumidifier won’t work properly.

So I’ve decided to allow the fans to vent to inside which effectively recycles the dry cool air inside the grow room. The carbon filters are coping with the early signs of smell.

I’m aware of the need for fresh air to replace C02 but with me going in and out I think there is sufficient air exchange

Any thoughts on this looped idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grow is similar, room with the tents and the fans extracting into the room and then the AC which cools down the room.

The AC vents the hot air out of the room though which causes a negative pressure so fresh air is pulled into the room under the door and around the door frame where there are gaps and obviously when I go in and out of the room. The AC actually always pushes air out of the room, even when in fan mode so there is always some fresh air getting into the room and not a large enough amount to disrupt the temperature too much so the efficiency in terms of the AC cooling is still decent.

• Like 2