Novice Mistakes

Guest spootch

Guest spootch

Thought this Might make a good thread where new growers can eventually read through and pick up simple tips and tricks.

Imo theres no better way to learn something then by doing said thing and making the mistakes.

Although there's tons of info out there you always going to be making mistakes anyway! 

So this will be a place where once you've realized you've messed up and learnt why, you can quickly write down here what it was, don't be shy even if it seems silly we all do it !

Let's try keep this thread free from any question and answers and purely things that youve learned a long the way !

Happy growing

Guest spootch

So I will go first haha

If you going to have a top feed dripper system with one rez, make sure the pots are all the same and have the same medium as well as have a way you can cut off water to each plant separately, it will make life a whole lot easier !

Or have multiple rezs but that's space depending and seems like a mission lol

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to throw a spanner in the works but I would be very surprised to find a 400w at 30cm bleaching plants.  I have seen this problem float around the webs for ages and a lot of people put it down to light bleaching but I personally  don't think it is. I have had this problem once but with a remix on my next soil batch I never had it again and this was growing at 30cm with a 1000w bulb.

Cheers

Reaf

With an aircooled 400w, you will never get light bleaching.. it only ever happens with 1000w as reaf says.

And trust me, Ive had buds touching the cooled hoods glass with no problem, but maybe a bit of drying out. but never bleached.