Spare Parts Magnetic 600w Ballast

Buzz Mann

Good day all 

I bought a 600w magnetic ballast about 9 months ago. With all the loadshedding it has started tripping the mains. It's definitely the ballast as I've unplugged everything and tried it in a socket in my kitchen. 

I've been told it's probably the ignitor but where can I find a replacement part? My Google search has not helped find it locally. 

Any help on where to find the part locally would be greatly appreciated. 

Buzz Mann 

On 2/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, Buzz Mann said:

Good day all 

I bought a 600w magnetic ballast about 9 months ago. With all the loadshedding it has started tripping the mains. It's definitely the ballast as I've unplugged everything and tried it in a socket in my kitchen. 

I've been told it's probably the ignitor but where can I find a replacement part? My Google search has not helped find it locally. 

Any help on where to find the part locally would be greatly appreciated. 

Buzz Mann 

Dude sad to say this but if it's tripping the feed circuit breaker then its the magnetic ballast that's blown.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer420 said:

If memory serves, if it's the ignitor, you can still fire up HPS, only MH won't start up. Any electrical shop should be able to supply.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

If the capacitors start moving below the 5% tolerance of its standard microfarad rating then it will battle to start HPS and start MH alot easier.

If ignitor is faulty then it will not start any lamp.

• Like 2

If the capacitors start moving below the 5% tolerance of its standard microfarad rating then it will battle to start HPS and start MH alot easier.
If ignitor is faulty then it will not start any lamp.

Aah, that could be it. I remember I replaced a few over time, when one type would work and the other not.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Buzz Mann 

Post a pic of the whole gear, I could go through a sure way of you testing the different components.

It could be something small like the live and neutral shorting on top of the igniter as they are terminated very close to each other.

Edit: And don't forget to post pics of your gals too...

Edited by Mambawana

13 hours ago, Mambawana said:

@Buzz Mann 

Post a pic of the whole gear, I could go through a sure way of you testing the different components.

It could be something small like the live and neutral shorting on top of the igniter as they are terminated very close to each other.

Edit: And don't forget to post pics of your gals too...

allast Mambawana

Herewith pics of 20200218_080745_resized.thumb.jpg.8f1676d3739284010f112b977702709c.jpg

20200218_080734_resized.jpg

20200218_080547_resized.jpg

20200218_080523_resized.jpg