Pollen harvesting techniques

JrMezz

Hey guys

So I have been thinking about my technique of harvesting pollen, and though it is quite efficient, it takes quite a lot of time (which i dont really have lately)

I have been cutting flowering stems off as they ripen and letting them dry for a day or so in a brown bag before giving it a litle shake and screening, mixing with flour for the moisture, sealed container into the fridge or freezer.

I was just wondering if anyone here may have any simpler ways of approaching the task, something that doesnt require endless hours inspecting and snipping little branches while trying not to get pollen to fly all over the place 🤪

• Like 1

Hi man, this is one of the lowest effort methods I have found, providing a few conditions are met.

If you have a space that is not situated close to your females, or without a lot of bypassing traffic, preferable a house where there is no growing going on (im lucky enough to know a cool old lady).

I put the plant on a big piece of cardboard paper next to a window that gets some direct sunlight (i make sure the windows remain closed. You can also use a cardboard box with the top open, lined with cardboard paper to catch the pollen.

So the male plant just flowers out dropping its pollen on the cardboard paper, every day or two I would go give it a shake, collect pollen with a card, then do the steps you mentioned. And of course hit the shower, clothes in the wash, etc.

Another method is similar you just need to build a little breeder box, with the right mesh to keep the pollen in, similar to how they do tomato's, this is my preferred method for a natural pollination, ie, boy and girl open air pollination, but in the breeder box.

Hope that helps a little bit bro, peace and buds! :-rolled

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats a very efficient way of doing it thanks alot bro 

I was thinking something similar but have been struggling to find a good "male jail" , been contemplating building a small micro box for breeding but if its a small box and i flower out like 6 cuts of boys in there i think it may get abit messy too 

Lol i think finding a new environment for them would be A , thanks again for the input man