Various light questions

Yodaspike

So we have 1 working hps setup, have 2 more that we managed to get a shop that can do the componets per light for R700, then we decided to get reflective sheets, same as used in grow tents to cover the room to increase light reflection to the plant.

Also, we put one plant with the cheap led 2700k lights in the room for testing and it went into flowering after just over 3 weeks, wont have much yield as it was a bit of a sick one, but was ok for testing things out.

Now busy with cloning, if all goes well we should in a months have a nice system setup to be able to harvest every month or 2.

Will post some pics once things are up and running.

1 hour ago, Yodaspike said:

So we have 1 working hps setup, have 2 more that we managed to get a shop that can do the componets per light for R700, then we decided to get reflective sheets, same as used in grow tents to cover the room to increase light reflection to the plant.

Also, we put one plant with the cheap led 2700k lights in the room for testing and it went into flowering after just over 3 weeks, wont have much yield as it was a bit of a sick one, but was ok for testing things out.

Now busy with cloning, if all goes well we should in a months have a nice system setup to be able to harvest every month or 2.

Will post some pics once things are up and 

Buddy I've messed around with HPS long time. I only use magnetic gear and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Positioning of the ballasts are important to avoid fire hazards, etc. The magnetic ballasts can be kept remotely.

I have plenty spares. You need some information on how to test/repair or what yield to expect out of them feel free to ask me. Post your set-up, maybe we can advise you while you busy completing it.

not sure what info you need, but we intend to only flower in doors, which is a out building, flat if you will, being converted.

its 2m high and roughly 3x4m, so we intend to put 3 400w hps lights in, as we have one already and only need 2 sets of the igniter, baluster and cap. and fitting, and as i said this will be R1400 for the 2 and then around R700 to insulate the room with refective material which would be 92% plus.

for growing and cloning we using outdoors and greenhouse, depending on time of the year, as it is a bit hot in the greenhouse over summer and humid.

and also we are in west joburg so most people and shops are far from us.