Growing conditions (oudtshoorn)

DankZolMan

I want to grow in a location that is 25°C on average in the day, and can go up to 44°C in the summer, but in the night temperatures grow very cold, and can reach 5°, will the plants be okay with the fluctuation if temperature from night to day, and will it possibly cause colouring of the plants and bud? Because ice on containers at night does it... any ways and theres 86% percent humidity roundabouts night and day so will the plants enjoy that or more feel discomfort?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum @DankZolMan , in my honest opinion if you grow nice healthy plants, it should be ok, however 5 degrees in summer will cause some issues, slow growth, perhaps lockouts and maybe worse if its a weak strain. Autumn and early winter low temps will ensure a ripe harvest with plenty of colours.

You can consider pulling a shadecloth over a frame for the very hot days, should get their temps down.

With all that said, a super healthy indica, hybrid or sativa would most likely enjoy a nice hot day, providing they have adequate water, ventalation and not frying in a pot.

Experience is the best teacher, perhaps start a diary and we can follow along.

Peace and buds :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

Oh and thanks @Dank for the lekkah welcome, I'm actually based in the garden route, but was wondering if a more extreme climate was a good or a bad thing, I just started my first grow, along with 2 others, it's just a 16 plant grow op, were waiting to see which are Male and which are female, so we will probably end up with 10 plants, and will germinate enough seeds to get 12 females.theyre all a couple weeks in so far 

• Like 1