Introductions

penada

Good morning everyone,

I  am not a new smoker but my connection (and best friend) has recently emigrated to the UK and I now have to make do with the stuff I get from the streets. I am a professional in the medical field and I find it dangerous (both for safety and for professional reputational purposes) to heckle some on the streets.

I am based in Lydenburg and it is quite a small town.

I have undertaken to grow hydroponically but I have never planted a seed in my life. I have been reading around and I have learned quite a lot in a week (starting with photosynthesis, again). I came upon a book Growing Elite Marijuana, the complete guide by Ryan Riley, but its a digital download only and I don't how safe it is to give billing info (credit card details) online to them. Any advice in this regard will be extremely appreciated.

Furthermore I have been looking for grow  starter systems. At the moment I came upon 80 X 80 Pro mix Tent combo with a digital ballast retailing for R12750 fromHydroHerbAfrica...is this system worth it? is there better? Initially I wanted to use rockwool as medium but this system comes with promix 50/10, is this mix optimal?

Finally I have seeds that I know them to be more than a year old, a parting gift from an emigrating friend. I would love to purchase some very good quality seeds that are easy to grow for a first time grower.

Finally thank you for the patience of reading this rather long introductory post. I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Keep smoking,

Penada

Hello and welcome :yipeeee

I came upon a book Growing Elite Marijuana, the complete guide by Ryan Riley, but its a digital download only and I don't how safe it is to give billing info (credit card details) online to them. Any advice in this regard will be extremely appreciated.

Have a look HERE for two free books available on the forum.

Finally I have seeds that I know them to be more than a year old, a parting gift from an emigrating friend. I would love to purchase some very good quality seeds that are easy to grow for a first time grower.

I haven't purchased any seeds yet, but from what I've seen on the forum Original Sensible Seed Co seems to be the prefered supplier.

Sorry I can't help with more of your questions, I'm a pretty much a noob myself, but I'm sure some of the wiser members will answer your questions :-clap

Welcome to the forum Dr penada!  :-puffin

Originally being from the lowveld myself I'm very familiar with Lydenburg. Used to do a lot of fly fishing in that area.

Great to have a medical professional onboard! Especially one that clearly seems to be pro cannabis  :thumbups

:-peace

Guest grunterfish86

Ahoy there and welcome aboard  mate !  download the ISSU app on your phone and in the search bar type "grow bible" its free and very extensive will answer most questions also check out a site called "grow weed easy" it was and is a go to for me ! Good luck and happy growing

O and one more thing don't waste your time with the postal service its broken rather get your mate to courier them to you (seeds)

Thanks to everyone for the warm reception, already have downloaded and reading the grow bible which is very simply written and easy to understand. Thanks Happee.

Researching further into my system, thanks TK and Toby and Mr Admin and the rest of 420SA. Hope to have many interesting conversations  and maybe meet with some guys someday...who knows?