Hello hello!

wallis55

Greetings all!

Im a 34 yr old whose been blazing since the 90's.

Been wanting to grow my own herb for as long as I can remember but never accomplished this goal mainly because of lack of info.

I came accross this forum when I was buying a grinder from Below the Lion. In just 2 days Ive had all my questions answered and Im now ready to grow my own medication :)

Glad to be part of your world!

Wallace

Hey, thanks D3LT49

Im kak excited :yipeeee

but i also a bit intimidated at the same time...everybody seems so advanced and im like the noobiest of noobz! haha

This is my set up:

60x60x120 cab

250W magnetic ballast

250W HPS lamp

DIY air-cooled hood

2 X Rope hangers

3 X 120mm 220v fans on extraction.

30cm Box fan

Digital timer

Acurite Humidity/Temp monitor

Sisalation lined (Mylar)

As this is my 1st grow iv decided im gonna go with autoflowering seeds. I have seen some advertised at Green smoke Room, however, from what i have read on here, buying internationally is the better option.

Do you already have seeds? Could you perhaps recommend a good place for me to buy from?

And intimidating it is in fact my friend. Amazing setups even from 1st timers.

Worry not tho, you are not alone, i am a newb aswell, and to make things worst, on a limited budget. But i do feel home here, since i`m from neighbor country to SA.

I have been collecting some beans for 2 months, just some random beans from Swazi, from good and not so good  :-bankie i have come across. A good friend of mine from Cape who successfully grows his own organic suggested i sprouted all of them and experiment, and he sure gave me a great advice. i have several cups with different ratios of soil/coco/perlite/vermiculite, i have subjected them to all sorts of "tests", drought, overwatering, water ph`d high and low, test runoff water... lots of observing and "listening" at this stage. They are under 8x23w diy CFL. Even though i already have 400w balalst/bulb/aircooled reflector, i am still working on the grow area for the new setup.

This same friend suggested me GSR for quality seeds. and to tell you the truth they are the only option that makes sense for me now. I am planing a trip to SA to order them to a location there and cross the border back home by car. where i am from.. i could make the national news if busted importing through the mail.

Will be posting some pics soon, some of my test plants did very well after all the bs and are looking gorgeous, just hope there is at least 1 lady. its a never ending learning process and these will keep me busy while i plan to get the GSR beans and sort my Grow area.