Hello

ypman

hello all

the names ypman (recently watched this movie and it was all i could think of) from cape town and glad to be a part of this forum.

I have been an occasional smoker for the past 6 or so years and usually enjoyed but this year something happened where i ended up smoking a joint in town got lost and I've been suffering from crippling paranoia ever since, has anybody here heard of anything like this before?

be that as it may, Ive always found the whole growing vibe appealing, and recently started growing plants, like normal plants, the ones with colourful flowers and shit so I'm hoping to use my skills I'm learning and apply it to a my first grow. Im sure i will find lots of resources on the site to help me setup my first grow.

:-peace

Just a few things to keep in mind for the future.

The CBD THC and THCA  active components have various effects the CB1 &  CB2 receptors in the brain through the endo-canabanoid system .   

Curing,  drying and extraction will also vary the potency. The paranoia is due to the over stimulation in the penial gland which regulates other endocrine functions and converts signals from the nervous system into endocrine signals. Triggers the fight or flight response due to increased heart rate and blood pressure etc. as adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine levels increase in the blood stream when you smoke 

I suggest trying another variety, inspect your product closely to ensure no mold, not laced with anything that looks foreign and get product for a trusted supplier better yet growing your own you know what you getting and what has gone into product.

When you first starting out don't make things to complicated, concentrate on a regular routine , don't overreact and add to much fertilizer and additives trying to rush things along. Simple is better and patience. more than half the fun is growing the consumption is the cherry on the cake.

Choose strains to suit your environment. Don't advertise to your friends or talk openly about what you are doing. Less is more,  make small changes and never show your grow to anybody.

thanks for that bit of info virus.

I find it interesting how smoking affects the mind & body.

i don't have a steady supply to bud so i can't really test out different qualities.

I kind of just smoke what i get my hands on.

Re the growing, i still stay with my folks and we don't have a garden are there any other options for growing?

maybe something inconspicuous in my rather tiny room? this will probably limit me to one plant which should be okay if I'm starting out.

Re the growing, i still stay with my folks and we don't have a garden are there any other options for growing?

maybe something inconspicuous in my rather tiny room? this will probably limit me to one plant which should be okay if I'm starting out.

So you plan to have this grow going the whole time without your parents knowing? That's quite a large paranoia inducer in itself :-puffin

Toby, something like this? Seems a bit pricey and I can't seem to find a local alternative.

http://www.pcgrowbox.com/complete-pc-grow-box-system.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ ypman. you should evaluate you circumstances and base your decisions on that.

For example. You go through the whole process setting a mini grow and 2 months later your folks discover it and you have to discard it.

WRT pc grow boxes. I would build my own. There are various forums and help guides online. Search DIY PC growbox. You can really get creative and its good process to learn.  :poke