Growing input

Toby

HI all,

Im planning on getting two clones.

DNA Genetics - Training day

Big Buddha - Blue Cheese

My intention is to grow them hydroponically.

For those who have experience with these strains, what obstacles should i look out for and also what you have done to correct it?

Im trying to plan my grow as best as i can?  :-gthumb

Hi Toby

Ok so firstly have you ever grown Hydroponics before?

And are you growing indoors or out?

Peace

No I have not. It will be in a small grow cab. I have done loads of research on the matter and feel confident to tackle it. Growing small scale to wet my feet.

You're doing the right thing by pre-planning extensively!!  :-gthumb

What growing equipment have you got so far?

Yeah, thats all I have been doing for the last couple of months. Research and some more research, chatting to peeps and using all that info for my environment and circumstances. So far so good.

Im busy building my grow box.

400w ballast

MH & HPS bulbs

light fitting (busy modding for aircooling)

15cm squirrel cage fan

air pump

23cm oscillating fan

to get still

addis container

all my growing requirements. nutes and accessories.

Planning to start end / mid Jan 15 in the new environment.

Will go into full detail of my setup when complete.

Guest Maxwell

So DWC then? Running different strains in the same bucket can cause hassles. Also having your res in the cab means you must watch your water temperatures. Maintaining an ambient of 27 while a res at 20 can be tricky.

So DWC then? Running different strains in the same bucket can cause hassles. Also having your res in the cab means you must watch your water temperatures. Maintaining an ambient of 27 while a res at 20 can be tricky.

DWC is correct yes. When you say hassles, what type of hassles? Nute imbalance, res temp?

I was planning to maybe have a sunken shelf for the container and have reflective film on the top of the container to deflect the light and heat.

Any suggestion to ensure res temp consistent?

Guest Maxwell

Nutrient imbalance could be one issue, harvest windows another. If one plant finishes earlier than the other, you might struggle to maintain a good flush and harvest timing for both plants. With your res, remember you're going to want to be able to move it out for cleaning and also to check/repair the res/roots, don't make anything that will impede that. It might be wise to have two identical systems that you can just swap each week. Try lining the tub with Sisalation to keep the heat out, also make sure your tub is as tight as possible to avoid anything unwanted getting in. You could use frozen bottles (just a bottle with water) to keep your temps down, but it is only a temporary and uncertain solution. Water chillers are the way to go but bloody expensive.

Nutrient imbalance could be one issue, harvest windows another. If one plant finishers earlier than the other, you might struggle to maintain a good flush and harvest timing for both plants. With your res, remember you're going to want to be able to move it out for cleaning and also to check/repair the res/roots, don't make anything that will impede that. It might be wise to have two identical systems that you can just swap each week. Try lining the tub with Sisalation to keep the heat out, also make sure your tub is as tight as possible to avoid anything unwanted getting in. You use frozen bottles (just a bottle with water) to keep your temps down, but it is only a temporary and uncertain solution. Water chillers are the way to go but bloody expensive.

Excellent input, much appreciated. Ideally I would like 2 strains going at once, but due to space factors, I might just do one but 2 plants.

I need to reevaluate my plan and see what needs to be tweaked.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a few books to help you on your way

Good Luck!

Thank Virus, very interesting. Basically less is more, keep it simple.

Going through all the research over the last few months made me feel a bit overwhelmed. Everytime I learn something new, I realise how little I actually know. I must admit by the help from members here @ 420SA, i feel hell of convident tackling my grow, knowing the support structure is there  :-meditate

Over the 22 years I have been around marijuana. The amount of info available is overwhelming. The Grow scene evolves almost every 2 years.

Methods and ideas are abundant. The US market is shifting from plain bud moving straight to wax and extractions one day in the near future trimmers will be out of the picture.

Here is link to wet the appetite

The medical side is extremely interesting if want you mind blown skip to 30 min in and see for yourself what the professionals say.

These is so much to know and learn everyday.

I am NOT a fan of BHO extractions as I believe it taints the product especially if used for medicine, normal recreational smoking not an issue.

I will post on clean and beautiful extractions in the new year ( got to get the OK first from the powers that be (USA)

coming soon!!!

I got ya, I hear you. A whole lot of numbers get thrown out there less than 1% residue etc. People throw out these percentages without being able to say if they're accurate or not, and without knowing if even 1 percent butane might be harmful.

The extraction is fine. Just to clarify from a medical stance.  Scott Durrah and many more have done major investigation and the the verdict is still out the absolute purest method to get the good stuff I suggest looking into ice water extraction

Sure setup is a little pricey but once you got the goods you are set

# hash bag can set up back up to $1000 yes thats right but last if you dry them off after use and don't shake the bottoms out when pulling the bags you can get years of use.

The tri-chromes release very well, ice, RO water (removes all the, calcium, borate metals,  etc. out)  and "bags" to capture the goodness and this is what the product looks like best of all 100% clean 3 or 4 different grades while extracting  220 190 160 110 90 73 45 and 25 micron bags in a kit

90 is food grade and the lower you go the higher the grades are

So in conclusion BHO is fine but once you go ice extraction you kinda get sold on it.

There is a slight risk for normal use, long term nobody knows yet. Just like fluoride in the water 50 years of pumping it into our water told its good for you why is most European countries banning it ?

The first  is 25u and second 45u (wicking water there) beautiful clear 100% clean hash, if you look carefully in the second pic you can see the other grades, unfortunately I have too many pics with my face in them will look for other bits to help along the way 

What you are looking at is 3rd Place HASH LA CUP 2013 - This year 1st Place Solventless Secret Cup LA 2014 (no pics yet)

GOPR0006.thumb.JPG.fa049147fa3cf4a0cc084b640aea4dfe.JPG

GOPR0004.thumb.JPG.42172507d0ac68eb9b127bb3f7687ee2.JPG