Blue Kush Berry Seed Test

Smelly Joe

Hey there all.

I have been blessed with a couple of seeds from a friend and asked to test them. I planted 3 at different times and i am quite impressed with them so far. Some of the seeds were quite on the whiter side but i said pop them in and lets see what happens.

Overall the germ rate is good. With the fully developed seeds i get a soil break @ 2 to 3 days. They tend to stretch as seedlings no matter how deep you plant them. After the 2nd set if true leafs, that long stem starts thickening up quick and by set 3 its as if nothing ever was wrong. 

The whiter seeds germ in 3 days but only breaks ground and then they just stand still. So i threw them out. If they can grow outside then its cool. If not.....then i still have these beauties in the cab.

I fed them all this morning and usually they respond very well after feeding.  Wont be seeing them tonight though due to social obligations. But i'll definitely see then Sunday morning.

Grow Medium:

I just keep things simple and here and i stick to what works for me. Its a mix of aged and amended grow medium, a little extra perlite and EWC with about 5 worms to each grow container. 

Nutrients / Feed:

Again keeping it simple and all natural as possible. I used a lot if products in the past and also tried making my own. All worked ok until i tried Bio Bloom. WOW. What a product and definitely recommended to anyone. 

For veg i use Seagro and Seabird Guano. I get a 25L can of Guano for R250 which is a freaking good price, but i also try to work a little bit of homemade AACT every time feed the ladies. I also add molasses to the mix whenever i remember.  LoL

Pots & Pot Sizes:

This is always fun. GERMINATION 

I have a friend who always started his seedlings in thise 15cm pots. He was over eager and lost most of his plants in seedling stage. Mostly due to overwatering and soil staying to wet for to long. And this wasnt cheap seeds. Most were ordered from seedbanks.

Even though everyone has a great method i found that Checkers My little Garden pots work perfect for starting those precious seeds. So they start their life in those and when the 1st sigh of roots show through the bottom i transplant to a slightly bigger pot where they can grow fast and get a little rootbound. Then i plant over to final.container and let nature do her thing 

Lighting: 

The ladies will be getting their light source from a 250w HPS. Its not the greatest size light but it works well. Sooner or later i want to upgrade to a 400W setup.

Have a great day

CAM03527.thumb.jpg.2101778108ecffa4250da5190956ff7a.jpg

CAM03528.thumb.jpg.8f3f6f7007d43caea76b2e578b14395e.jpg

CAM03529.thumb.jpg.e0f1db24b37f7452c9c7b5b437670779.jpg

Its always fun to see how the same strain gives different results. I am still quite pleased with the Indicas cause im a huge fan and the 1 hybrid makes it a but harder cause now i have to di a different spreadsheet for her grow. 

I found a exel spread sheet where you enter the strain details and it works out when to defoliate , stop feeding,start flushing and harvest. It works really well but then you need all the details of the plant. 

Nonetheless  i am super stoked about this grow because my previous indoor was a huge failure. I have another strain coming along as well and as soon as its up and out of soil i'll start her journal.

Hey Hochymama 

Maaaannnyyyyy years back i was browsing the web and i was quite new to growing. If memory serves i found it on IC Mag but like i said you basically enter details and the rest is done and even alarms.can be set to remind you. 

Not sure how to attach it to the forum but send me.your email and i'll try and mail.it to you dude.

:'(  after a hard week i came home to find both the Indica's to be male. I took the least good looking one and chucked hin. The other dude got topped and is gonna stay a while longer. I already dropped another Blue Kusk Berry in soil and just waiting for it to make its appearance. I was thinking to let him flower out and pregnante the lady but i would much rather let her flower out to give me some good herb to puff. 

If the new seedling is female then we are gonna have a ittle fun with them and a new thread will be startedfor a seed run. Who knows, maybe by that time i can pass on to the community here on the forum....if thats cool ::).

I will get some pics up tomorrow evening show where things are standing with the lady. She has undergone some stretch after showing pistils. I might have to lower her a bit more to get more space between her and the light. 

Just my :-2cents for the evening....

:-hilarious :-hilarious :-hilarious. LoL yeah. Some balls is not ideal but hey .....

Anyway back the one that does.not have balls .... 

Last night i gave a nice cocktail and she has responded quite well. I bubbled out some water for 24 hours and after that i added some molasses and some soil samples for extra diversity. And when that bubbled and foamed i added 2ml of Bio-Bloom to the mix. 

The cab temps is still hanging at a constant 25C and when lights are off it drops to 18C. I am.still waiting for the new Blue kush berry to pop and by the looks of things that should be tomorrow.

I also took some of the leaves that were blocking the bottom growth. 

CAM03571.thumb.jpg.3a0457f4ab173c1786766b136c6b75fc.jpg

CAM03570.thumb.jpg.870f80415a18c2c120f50d640816255d.jpg

At this point im flowering her out to.kinda get an idea of whats what with her regarding smell and taste profile and im low on weed.

The new Blue Kush Berry seedling has broken ground and when its a she then we will pollinate her to breed a bit.

LoL I'm also low on indoor. So I'm eager to get these girls of mine going too.

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Well talking about being low on weed, I went to my lical dispensary and picked 30g of Outdoor. I got it for a good price and also found a.few beans in there. I have to admit that for an Outdoor it oacks quite a punch and smells.quite decent and it had proper crystal production .....

And now for the lady. She is turning yellow quickly and i thought it might be a problem but i remember when the grower were flowering thw BKB it was one of the 1st thing i noticed. Now accirding to Grow Weed Easy (I like their approach on growing ) they say that it might be to much light or heat stress but once again the same traits were seen on the original BKB and she was grown outdoors. Ive added a few pics for you to look at and give comment on but for now im riding it out. Gave her another feeding cause on the Bio-Bloom it states to give with every watering. 

I will only report back with how shes doing next week Sunday. 

Have a blessed Sunday and stay safe warm and dry

CAM03665.thumb.jpg.578ab88e634154f8750ffbdd16197567.jpg

CAM03646.thumb.jpg.ae7028da0875ccb613c2b81978a49f79.jpg

CAM03650.thumb.jpg.7b4b63c8f5084e21ee3562dadc3d9499.jpg

CAM03648.thumb.jpg.acdbcc6734bff71e75e114d545743708.jpg

CAM03652.thumb.jpg.8108a93610d38fb519bc02c130be9866.jpg