Is this real

Guest Brett

Afternoon gentleman, was on wish looking at hygrometer and ph and saw this led grow light, R485, 125w. Don't know a thing bout this, thought those of you who use them might be interested...

SPECS...

Red 630nm-660nm - 1131 pieces

Blue 440nm - 460nm 234 pieces

Illumination  1140 lux

Output voltage 72v

Size 31*31*35 cm

Material  ABS + PCB

Light source model  SMD 2835

That's all the info available, I don't know much about LEDs apart from what I've heard from you gents and my own reading, your guys input would be awsome and my knowledge can grow..

Cheers gents..

image.thumb.png.f8509ab93e514c130c380ebaba72cd60.png

Is that 125w advertised draw or actual draw as they usually advertise lights at example 1000watts but the actual draw is 200w. There is a 1000w potential light if driven at max but to ensure you get close to the 50 000 hours guarantee they drive them at only a fifth thus having an actual draw of 200w.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore info on those LED panels ? It something quite affordable and even if it is shitty it might be good for the individual who wants to try an LED grow but cant fork out a couple of grand. If the lights go bust afterwards its not a train smash.

I wouldn't mind trying it out for a run.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon Hein[/member], no more info unfortunately, comes from out of country if I remember correctly. I wouldn't mind trying myself, first need to work on hps first...

• 6 months later...

Anymore info on those LED panels ? It something quite affordable and even if it is shitty it might be good for the individual who wants to try an LED grow but cant fork out a couple of grand. If the lights go bust afterwards its not a train smash.

I wouldn't mind trying it out for a run.

So the problem with this is, if it's a shitty light, your opinion towards that particular technology will always be somewhat skewed. I did a 200W LED spotlight conversion. Did it work? Sure, does it swim in the same pool as HID? Definitely not. I am a LED sceptic, but I didn't fork out enough money to be able to have a proper opinion. Your LED spread is also much smaller, which granted, will work perfectly on a one light one plant system, but where are you putting them chilli plants :)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

If you do buy that you will eventually buy another one. At the end of the day you end up spending more to get the right stuff. I got one of those and it was "600w" used in a 1x1 tent and was not happy with density of bud.  Tastes ok.

Then a friend gave me an old 400w HPS bulb and ballast. I bought hood and extractor. Never looked back again. CMH just as good and a bit cheaper and uses less electricity.  HID the way to go. Unless you can afford quantum LEDS or the likes.

So i would not buy it. But if you do yiu can always use for veg at later stage.

Good luck bro

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk