1st attempt autoflower easy ryder

NinjaMaster

Hi,

Yes this in a little Tent i have outfitted with 180w (input wattage) grow leds

I have this one and a few others in the tent. with this easy ryder being the closest to the cut.

Just thought it was looking real fat lately and thought it was worthy to post a pic before it gets chopped.

The seed is an Auto Easy Ryder from Green Smoke Room Seeds.

Dont blame them for its tiny size - i ruined the start and almost killed the poor girl. but it bounced back like a champion when i corrected my mistakes.

Now its short as heck but getting ridiculous bud thickness for such a small thing.

To put it into perspective. she is 35cm tall

tarbaby[/member]:

i looked at your posts.

Did you buy your lights from Makelight / Growopz?

3w diodes @ 60 degree lens angle?

im pretty sure i have the same ones.

I've had no luck with autos and the grows was always way to small. But a friend of mine mine has some autos growing and they are looking great. And then there is this grow. I always thought easy rider was a small plant but this is bigger than I thought she can grow. Well done man :-thumbsup

Hein

Yes

I currently have this happening.

1x easy ryder (flowering)

1x auto lemon (far right, preflower)

1x black domina seedling

1x purple auto seedling

all autos. i only do auto - its just easier that i dont have to control lights precisely and worry about light leaks.

just 20 - 4 roughly.

also they dont get too big which makes it easier to handle them

clean.thumb.jpg.75ab1523837db4ed96059e7fc23cd8ff.jpg

What breeders are you getting from ?

The more I see autos the more I want to try them again. But not all breeders out there sell decent Auto's. Any prefered ones ? 

Hein

Cool man

im using 5050 coco / perlite

i flush the heck out of it until the runoff is like 100ppm before i use it though.

From there i use 2 gal smart pots - 3 gal is too big for my limited space

feed once every few days until seedlings have rooted properly. probably around 3 or 4 weeks i start to feed daily.

ive tried bottom feeding but the coco starts to smell a little off so i stopped doing that.

went back to top feeding to runoff

at the moment the flowering plants get fed 2 - 3x a day

its a lot of work and sometimes i get lazy and just flood the tray and bottom feed to save myself the trouble.

as for the nute strength i just kind of guess. based on the plant size ill decide what ppm to feem them and then mix my nutes to that strength.

still learning. havent ever burned them though - because im not too aggressive with how strong i mix the nutrients. been wondering maybe i could feed stronger but the plants look happy and im scared to hurt them

Very important thing i learned:

PH is probably the most important thing in coco.

you can have strong or weak nutes but with the ph wrong the plant will die and it will die quickly.

i was killing plants for months until i started using ph drops to check my waters ph before feeding. that really changed everything. 

plants became much better after i started looking after ph

hey man,

well the two main ones in my photos are from green smoke room

the two new seedlings are both from http://pachamamaseeds.co.za/

I will say the pachamama seeds germinated really fast though. broke ground in +- 5 days.

the seeds from green smoke room took more like 8 - 10 days to break the surface.

I want to see seedlings by day 3. By day 5 I’m swearing at the place I bought them, and by day 8 I chuck them.

@ budwizer LoL dude. I'm the same. Found some good strains growing outside at one point due to impatients. But at the end of the day I'm still bound to my rules. If by 5 days there is no life the next bean gets planted.

@ someguy , thanx for all the info

Hein

Hey Guys,

Im a noob so i put my beans in a cup with water for like 3 days and then plant it into the coco. this cansometimes take 5 - 10 days to show

I do 24 hours in water, then 24 hours in damp tissue in a small container on top of my pc by an exhaust fan where it's warmer. Mine all pop by the 2nd day

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Im a noob so i put my beans in a cup with water for like 3 days and then plant it into the coco. this cansometimes take 5 - 10 days to show

Hey no worries bud. I wasn’t dissing you, just giving you a different perspective. There are better ways to germ. Next time try- soak in warm water for 24 hrs, then into jiffy pellet, keeping warm(25 deg) and covered. The temperature at the bottom of the jiffy’s is 30 deg. You’ll see sprouts in 3 days.

ECEA82AE-8D70-4DF0-9844-026843E56B77.thumb.jpeg.4ff911f0b1e64c13453422afc5116116.jpeg

8DB06A79-EDA3-4283-B054-9C048F4DDDD9.thumb.jpeg.64d4e8d6c6cad563e185435e953f0f2c.jpeg

hey man thanks for the advice!

So i can do the jiffy pellets with Autos? and then once sprouted stick the jiffy pellet into coco?

You see ive killed a lot of plants and wasted loads of money on seeds in doing so.

When i found a method that worked i just stuck to it. been scared id kill seeds trying something new.

You can still soak, I like to, but no longer than 24hrs IMO or you may drown them. If you've been soaking for 3 days it may have been killing off some beans before they had the chance to hit your medium and reducing germ. rates. Yep jiffys are fine for coco, I like to snip off the wrapper before planting to avoid restricting the roots, being careful not to damage them in the process.

But as always, man, whatever is working for you stick to it and polish it! :-gthumb

Nope, jiffy’s are coco peat. There’s two parts to coconut husks- the fibrous coir, hairy looking shit, and the spongey “peat”. It’s just called peat, but actually is very different in texture. Take a close look at my pics above- you’ll see it’s coco peat. The colour is a dead giveaway. The only thing coir is good for is aeration, but don’t use too much of it. Nice clean coco peat is an amazing growth medium, if you can find a good quality source.

Edit: Sorry Narnia, misunderstood your question. Yes, you’re right.

ok guys,

My Easy Ryder is so close im dying here man...

I want to chop her down but her Trichomes just arent milky enough

or maybe im having a hard time telling

like i can see some trichs are like solid milk colour and some are like not as milky but still not completely see through.

what constitutes a milky enough Trichomes ?

cos it seems to me like you get fully clear and then everything inbetween... its not just clear and then bright white

its like clear... then a little mixed milk colour and then maybe a bit more and then bright milky white

its driving me insane looking every day with a loupe and just not knowing what is going on haha

When can i chop this girl haha :D