PK Booster - What is your recommendation.

Justin Hemp

MPK, or as the locals like, MKP. Mix a bit of seaweed extract and epsom and you have AN bloom booster :-hilarious Throw in some chelated heavies for the seaweed and you have GH Bloom. Mix in some fulvics and you have Ionic/Jungle Juice etc Bloom booster. It is all just Mono-potassium phosphate with extras. Make your own.

MPK, or as the locals like, MKP. Mix a bit of seaweed extract and epsom and you have AN bloom booster :-hilarious Throw in some chelated heavies for the seaweed and you have GH Bloom. Mix in some fulvics and you have Ionic/Jungle Juice etc Bloom booster. It is all just Mono-potassium phosphate with extras. Make your own.

Thank you, Appreciate it. Ok a little further, it you were to make you own what would be in your mix? I love Fulvic and Humic acid, and I believe the plants do 2.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It would be organic, no the PK Booster I'm looking for its as a finishing agent added to for the last 4 weeks of feeding. So that would be to assist in bud density and Terp production with affecting to much of the smell and taste unless it enhances it.

So armed with that info and not to make things too overly complicated what would you personal suggestion be?

You need to start your flower nutes before flower, start loading them with Ca, Mg and P. When flower starts bump their K and P and micros, by week 3-4 you should blast them with K, Ca and Mg. Then ride out the K and Ca until week 7. Your first flower feed should have Kelp and some chelates. Your week 3-4 feed should contain a lot of Fe for your Ca likewise should your pre-flower feed.

Different minerals are used for different things, Mg is basically the plants ATP. Ca is a core component of cell walls. K is an electrolyte. Etc Etc. Learn what the plants uses each mineral for and you will start seeing how to fine tune your feeds.

Don't forget your nitrates!

You need to start your flower nutes before flower, start loading them with Ca, Mg and P. When flower starts bump their K and P and micros, by week 3-4 you should blast them with K, Ca and Mg. Then ride out the K and Ca until week 7. Your first flower feed should have Kelp and some chelates. Your week 3-4 feed should contain a lot of Fe for your Ca likewise should your pre-flower feed.

Different minerals are used for different things, Mg is basically the plants ATP. Ca is a core component of cell walls. K is an electrolyte. Etc Etc. Learn what the plants uses each mineral for and you will start seeing how to fine tune your feeds.

Thanks bud, will delve a little more into that on the next round

Could you advise on options?

For e.g. would EHG ripener or an MKP like Hortis be a bit P heavy to hit in week 3-4? I've read frequently that the P is largely unneeded in boost week, which is what you're saying here too? 

Why not just some extra mls of EHG Bloom if on EHG line and add extra source of calcium? Too much N in the Ehg Bloom? Is the blast of Ca and Mg to keep ratios in check with the blast of K? More Micro to boost Fe (and Ca if needed) levels raises N quite high. Chelated Fe a bit risky in solution is it not, chelated calcium potentially problematic too? 

Apologies for the plethora of questions, trying to suss out how best to practically apply.

Could you advise on options?

For e.g. would EHG ripener or an MKP like Hortis be a bit P heavy to hit in week 3-4? I've read frequently that the P is largely unneeded in boost week, which is what you're saying here too?

Why not just some extra mls of EHG Bloom if on EHG line and add extra source of calcium? Too much N in the Ehg Bloom? Is the blast of Ca and Mg to keep ratios in check with the blast of K? More Micro to boost Fe (and Ca if needed) levels raises N quite high. Chelated Fe a bit risky in solution is it not, chelated calcium potentially problematic too?

Apologies for the plethora of questions, trying to suss out how best to practically apply.

I'm not referring to branded micros/bottled micros. I mean micro nutrients. Add them as you see fit, I find the part A has plenty micros and Nutriplex micro is a good substitute for that fe boost. The Mg and Ca must go hand in hand as must the K. The p is more important before flower for good roots. Chelates are fine if you dissolve them properly and don't add them at too low a pH or too high a pH.

I'm not referring to branded micros/bottled micros. I mean micro nutrients. Add them as you see fit, I find the part A has plenty micros and Nutriplex micro is a good substitute for that fe boost. The Mg and Ca must go hand in hand as must the K. The p is more important before flower for good roots. Chelates are fine if you dissolve them properly and don't add them at too low a pH or too high a pH.

Yep, understood and always appreciated. 

My stumbling point is application without cocking it all up, hence comparing to existing lines as I lack the confidence to mix ad hoc. I've for sure locked out one plant in DWC thinking I knew what I was doing with chelated Ca, just by way of arbitrary example of one early cockup. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Therefore whenever you drop some knowledge I'm trying to figure out how I can most easily apply it in my different setups, which is hopefully helpful for others too:-puffin

Lol, ya no spoon feeding going on here but the info provided is all legit to my more limited knowledge.

Excess K impacts Ca, Mg, Fe, Mn, Zn.

Excess P can screw nitrate uptake

Excess Ca impacts Mg, Fe, Mn, Zn.

Canna's schedule (like many others) uses PK 13/14 around week 3 with not much adjustment. Rhizotonic is a seaweed extract AFAIK and is in bloom schedule, Boost is just molasses type again AFAIK, Cannazym is what? Fulvic / humics? 

Been watching Vader OGs channel, many peeps follow his ebb and flow method for coco grows, hence fixation on Canna line currently. 

For your situation, wouldn't molasses serve for the needed K boost? Anyone? I mostly just run synthetics.