Do I Have Enough Light

Inkfreek

Hey Guys

I'm busy building my Grow box, and I need some advice.

its a 60cm x 60cm x 180cm

I have just sealed and painted it with a anti mildew paint. I will be covering it in mylar as well. My question is do I have enough light.

I have built a small Led diy contraption,

I also have two T8 600mm Fluorescent tubes, as well as two 45 watt cfls. I also bought a red dawn super harvest led from Hydro Herb Africa that I want to test out. So in total watt and lumens here are the specs.

60 watts of led down lights at 3000 lumen

36 watts of fluorescent tubes at 2200 lumen

90 watts of cfl's at 5200 lumen

I'm not sure what the lumen value is on the red dawn led, but I know it's 14 watt.

I'm going to be doing a two plant dwc grow.

Do u think I need more lights?

5c718024a242be2c075b54cc21ae3a5a.jpgfbc24ef959b1179e0513075d810b9ef7.jpgdc0495a876205f7ca54c0ea016cad158.jpg760603987b75d3f9334aea8de506ee03.jpg67c9c1f49967d8fdb6234dd5163d1e02.jpg

I'm taking my time with this build and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Respect

yes the T8's will be mounted vertically on the front left and right. They will be just above the level of the dwc bucket. The Red Dawn led will be attached to the back wall at the level of the scrog centered. My Diy Led down lights will be attached on a pully system so you can lower and raise as needed. The clfs will hang from the roof and will also be able to be moved to where they are needed.

I'm Thinking of getting two more of the 45 watt cfls so I can hang one from each corner.

What I was going for was even light distribution from different sources. Most of the lights are all at 6500K except 4 of the down lights witch are at 2700K

Once I get into flowering stage I will swap out all bulbs for 2700k ones

Guest Maxwell

In short, yes. You have roughly 180w covering 2sf, landing it on the higer side of optimum, in terms of wpsf. As for efficacy and cost, I am unsure. What'd it all cost? Will you recirc the buckets?

Very neat work  :-clap

To be honest I spent a lot more than I should of. I got pretty high one night and after reading something about how well led's work I got a bit carried away. I bought equipment in drips and drabs so did not really look at over all cost.  I wanted the lights to be in the higher range because I will be supplementing with Co2.

The DWC bucket I'm building is a replica of stealth hydro bubbleponics model. I just tweaked it by adding two very large air stones on two air pumps. also I'm only doing two net pots instead of six as I'm building a scrog. Two plants will fill the canopy in that space just fine.

I will post more pics as I build. I have a really over the top cooling system and I'm busy putting together a cleaver system to reduce smell. I'm also adding a negative ion generator to help with smell and plant health. I have also got a humidifier and a dehumidifier that will be hooked up to a atmospheric control. I do realise I have gone way over the top with this grow box especially since its my first grow.

Here is a pic of the Co2 kit I got.

2cf9fd99e693952bc9215800d005dfd7.jpg4a45fed8407a35c45145d6fb61ecd433.jpg

Guest Maxwell

Shit that is a lot of gadgetry. Do you have a meter for the CO2? Around 900-1000 ppm is roughly what you should aim for, even higher if you can. What is your extraction like? Have you calculated your CO2 requirements? What nutes will you run?

I have ordered a Co2 meter. The. book I'm reading called "how to grow elite marijuana" by Ryan Riley Says you should aim for around 1500ppm, I'm still fine tuning the extraction. I'm building a box that will go on top of the grow box that will have 2 small pc fans that suck the air out the top into it. This smaller box with have its walls lined with activated carbon as well as a small ozone generator. I don't want any ozone escaping into the grow box that's why I have opted for a external unit. This unit will have a larger pc fan on the outside pulling air out through one small hole. In theory this should control smell.

I have decided to go with nutriplex. My first grow with be some purple ryder autoflowering seeds I got from green smoke room. I basically just want to use the first grow to fine tune everything.