Noob Grower

TheGrimReefer

@TheGrimReefer, how are you hitting such high temps at night? Do your LED's run that hot? What's your ambient temp like?

In regards to extraction, I forgot to switch my extractor on one day during the dark period, got home to a pool of water at the bottom of my cab with the humidity at 99%. There was so much water that it seeped through the joints and actually caused the chipboard to swell a little. I think you should keep the extractor going 24/7.

I've also noticed that if I have my desk fan on setting 2, it pushes my humidity and temp up slightly.

Hey man, Yeah the one LED is a pretty big unit and gets pretty hot. Ambient temp is usually around 31C, Ambient temp at "night" which is from 11:30 to 17:30 sits between 24-28C the last few days as its been pretty hot outside. The tent sits in a garage with no windows or ventilation and that could be a huge factor also.

I have also experienced the humidity going up a lot during lights off which is why i decided to run the extractor all the time during that period, at least when the lights come on the heat reduces the humidity, which gave me the idea of trying the 15mins on/15mins off cycle. But yeah like i said due to the heat I should probably consider just running it 24/7 and add the other fan when January decides to end one day  :'(

I don't think I understand. What is your high and low in your garage, but outside your tent?

Have you thought of boxing off your LED's and venting that. That would cancel the LED heat.

Oh, sorry, outside the tent around 27-30C depending on the weather, luckily rain cooled it a bit today.

I've switched off the smaller led now so that less heat gets generated, the spread from the bigger led should still provide enough light over all 3 plants. I'll keep it like that for a few days and see if they start recovering 

Haven't thought of boxing them off yet no, not sure how I'd go about that?

I always got the impression that LED's run much cooler than HID's.  I'm glad I went the HID route. IMHO I think it would be better to invest the extra cash to purchase an AC.

I think it's setup dependent. Mine runs 2-3 degrees above ambient, whereas HID would made my cab grow impossible without a big extractor and an AC

So today I checked the garage temp in the middle of the hottest time of day and it was around 31C outside the tent and 28C inside the tent. By this time the lights had been off for about an hour. I also installed a 4" inlet fan today to see if that helps. Lights are switching on again soon so i'll keep a close eye on it overnight and see what temp does now, still just gonna run the bigger light for now to see.