Hello!

koosjr

I am new to this forum and new to the hobby.

My wife is using expensive medical grade cannabis for a few years now, and I can say that this literally saved her life at one stage.

Nothing else wanted to break the inflammation she had, accept for high quality CBD.

I would now like to make my own growth cabinet to grow for our personal medical use.

I am not a recreational user though.

• Like 2

You can do it! 

Keep it small and simple at first. You can get about 100g per plant if done perfectly. Start with either a 0.8x0.8m tent and grow just one plant, use a 120W LED from Light It Up, organic soil such as Organics Matter, and some 250ml bottles of BioBizz Grow, FishMix and Bloom. These bottles will last you more than one grow. 

This is actually the exact setup I'm building for a friend who wants to get into growing. It is the least fuss method and I've personally grown some absolute fire with it. Half the time you're just watering with tap water, the other half you feed with the BioBizz. 

There is also method to the madness. If you start getting serious and want to expand, you can then use this setup as a veg tent to supply a bigger flower tent to start a perpetual grow. 

But for now the one plant method should do while you get used to growing. The hardest part is seeding/cloning but once you get past that part you're golden. 

Other issue might be also guaranteeing you are growing what you actually want to grow. Some members here grew what they thought were high CBD specific strains only to finally harvest and it turns out to be a standard THC strain. Make sure you get either a genuine clone of a high CBD strain or that the seeds you are getting are also genuine. I'm pretty sure a member can point you in the right direction in that regard. 

When you do start growing, start a grow diary here and we can all help you out. 

• Like 1

The tent setup is certainly great for now.

I have once done an aquaponics system in my back yard and went a little over the top for a starter. Problem then was it was just pre load shedding days and by the time we hit load shedding my system simply could not handle the unreliable power. It would require major mods that I never could get done.

But what I can say is that the veggies we did get out of it, was lovely although it was only for a few weeks.

Cannabis is certainly a lot easier to start up small.

• Like 1

I saw in the other thread you probably want to go a bit bigger than just a small tent, but it sounds like you know more than just a straight-up beginner so I think you'll have success with this. 

Probably...😁

• Like 1