Alternative to inline fans

Grower

I am busy doing a DIY grow tent, I need to work out some ventilation system, the tent is right up against a window. Size is 1000 x 800 x 1800 mm. Could I get away with a regular extractor fan and no ducting (just venting air straight out the window). Gaps between the burglar bars is only 98mm, so if I need to run an inline fan it can have 100mm ducting max (I assume the duct is at least somewhat bendable to allow me to fit a 100mm duct through a 98mm gap?

• Like 1

You could get away without an inline fan, make use of a different type of fan - like a regular extraction fan, provided it can move enough air. However what do you plan on doing in terms of light leaks?

Ducting can be bendable, it has a metal wire which helps it retain its shape but you could possibly bend it a bit to get it to fit.

With an inline fan you could bend the ducting to help prevent light from outside reaching inside the tent. I recall another member doing this.

• Like 1