Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Hey all

Finally committing to my first grow. About time I adding to the green fingered world!

But I’m a newby and have grown nothing before!! Scary!

Ive bought some good female seeds from trophy seeds and looking at this setup:

https://www.hydroherbafrica.co.za/product/complete-indoor-grow-tent/

Is it a good one stop setup? Do I need all this for a small setup in my roof space?

Does that leave me needing soil / meters / measures ph or more? 

Do I need also a cloning and drying setup too? 

Thanks all

harry 

Good evening brother, first point I'm gonna make is avoid hydro herb like the plague, you can go look at my review on them of what happened and I'm still trying to sort it out.

Now that we've moved passed the unpleasant stuff, if you're looking at a HID 400w that would be a good start. Freedom Farms soil is a doozie, you get a cheap pH pen, pick up some BioBizz Grow and Bloom. A pack of calmag and some microbial life will get you started. Get some good inline fan and oscillating fan for inside the tent.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Welcome to 420 and enjoy your time here

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I also see you're gonna be growing in a roof space, would be wise to get a temp meter and leave it there for a few days to get overall max and min temp, max and min humidity. If it goes over 32 during the day it's gonna be very unpleasant to grow in there

• Like 2

Thanks Pat.
Where can I get a setup from or would you advise buying separates?
Good call on the temp meter!!
It seems you're in JHB? GT Hydro is pretty decent, Grow Guru is also pretty cool. I'd just stay far away from HH, I'd NEVER recommend them to anyone. If it wasn't for the amazing people at Gavita all the way in the Netherlands I'd be out over 6k.

How much are you looking to spend for the whole setup and we can go from there

LoL my fok, then just go to the hydro shop in Kraaifontein or the one in town. Same folks. They have some good Mars tents, also stocking much more stuff and super friendly. Always go buy my basic needs from them

• Like 1

Awesome thanks Pat - legend.
Im going to buy a digital temp check and humidifier check and put in loft so long and keep checking it’s cool enough.
Will pop to that place and chat setup.
Thanks for advice 

No worries dude we definitely here to help each other. I'm growing in my room and it gets kak hot, but I added an inline that extracts air from the room out the window. LoL heat sucks alot.

Okes, not taking sides here, but HH is not a bad over the counter shop. I've really never had a problem with them,again OTC. I haven't ordered online from them before.@pat, I know you've had some issues and I don't want to tick you off before I've had the oppenrtunity to smoke your bud:) :) :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks mate. I’m weighing up buying a pre setup v separate parts and I’m leaning towards buying separates. That way get the best of everything I can afford rather than someone else’s idea!

also thinking lighting is the key and go led 2 single tents - one for mother one for grow - plant 4 seeds and put best ones - one in each and let one flower one not..

going to go hydro - probably on rockwool

@Pat999 think this is the way forward?

Edited by Dirty Harry
  • Like 1

Okes, not taking sides here, but HH is not a bad over the counter shop. I've really never had a problem with them,again OTC. I haven't ordered online from them before.[mention=1555]pat[/mention], I know you've had some issues and I don't want to tick you off before I've had the oppenrtunity to smoke your bud:) :) :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

LoL hey dude I just gave my experience. You had a different one. But my butthole puckered a bit cause he's also in Cpt like me. So could possibly have the same or different experience. Blessings bru