Indoor temps

S420

In recent days temps have ramped up to 31 degrees in my area. I have been using a cold air humidifier and air cooler along with multiple fans to keep my grow cool. Im running lights at night and have them off during the day from around 10am to 6pm. Ive had to drop ice into the air cooler 2-3 times a day to keep it under 29 degrees. I want to know from the more experienced growers out there , just how bad does the temperature effect local grows since alot of you are probably dealing with the same issue. Ive read that 30 degrees is the maximum so I am super scared of the heat killing my babies. They are currently still very little i.e. about a week old.

We need more info to better advise you. 

What grow lights are you using?

What is the total wattage of all the equipment in the grow room/tent?

Is your Intake fresh air? what size inline? 

Is your exhaust venting away and outdoors? what size inline? 

What is the ambient temperature of the air at your intake? 

Is the room insulated? Is it North facing?  

53 minutes ago, TomHill said:

We need more info to better advise you. 

What grow lights are you using?

What is the total wattage of all the equipment in the grow room/tent?

Is your Intake fresh air? what size inline? 

Is your exhaust venting away and outdoors? what size inline? 

What is the ambient temperature of the air at your intake? 

Is the room insulated? Is it North facing?  

Hi

Im using 2 x 300 watt LED grow lights. Using  Carbon Filter - 150x500 mm (6"x20") 50 mm with  (6") ducting. I have 4 x 2m grow tent in my garage where the temps are already high (around 29-31 degrees during mid day). The intake comes from the inside garage which is very airated cos it has no ceiling and air comes through the tiles/side door left open. I have avoided any ducting going out cos my neighbors will see it.  The exhaust is venting outward. The room is not insulated and faces NE.  I hope this helps and thank you for the assistance.

Edited by SiN420

600w is coolable with fans only. The issue is your ventilation..

If fresh air enters the room you can draw from there, but you have to get that hot air out for that to work! Properly exhausting the hot air makes a big difference, having a cool fresh intake too.  

The day temp is high, the room gets hot for an indoor garden. If you can, move the grow to a southern facing room. Alternatively better insulate the current room or the tent.  What are the air temperatures at night when your system runs? 

I wouldn't worry about neighbours to much anymore, especially for a 600w grow. It is just a vent after all... 

fredsmethod.thumb.JPG.06143bd9bc9f7035d0d9bb92f4241960.JPG

Edited by TomHill

Thanks Tom Ill look into seeing what I can do to vent the room. From what I can tell atm the air comming out of the tent is cooler than the air going in. I wish I could turn off the extractor but then the temp will climb for sure. Not sure what your thoughts are on this. I have the air cooler and cold air humidifier going 24/7 , the night time temps are around 24-25 degrees on hot days with the light on at night. 

Edited by SiN420

53 minutes ago, greenkush said:

You're drawing hot air into your tent from the ceiling there is your problem. My setup is exactly like yours except i pull air direct from the outside via a window. My neighbors see it, I don't give a shit either, they don't know what im growing.

Haha ye , I just ran ducting from the door to the tent , aint got a window but it seems to be working already

40 minutes ago, SiN420 said:

Haha ye , I just ran ducting from the door to the tent , aint got a window but it seems to be working already

You'll see a big drop, I'm running 1500 watts of LED in my tent and at night it stays stable at 28.c, I also pull in air with two AC Inifinity 351 CFM fans, one for extraction the heat out through a filter the other directly from the window. My air exchange is constant and pretty fast, coupled with a mist maker running during the light on period to compensate for the loss of humidity the mist cools the room even more and maintains my humidity at around 50% (yes i know 60% is ideal for veg, but my plants dont seem to mind this).

21 minutes ago, greenkush said:

You'll see a big drop, I'm running 1500 watts of LED in my tent and at night it stays stable at 28.c, I also pull in air with two AC Inifinity 351 CFM fans, one for extraction the heat out through a filter the other directly from the window. My air exchange is constant and pretty fast, coupled with a mist maker running during the light on period to compensate for the loss of humidity the mist cools the room even more and maintains my humidity at around 50% (yes i know 60% is ideal for veg, but my plants dont seem to mind this).

Your setup sounds really nice would love to see some pics. I like what you are doing with 2 fans. I think ill also get an extra fan for intake and that should help pump air from outside into the tent. Man you are so lucky i cant even get to 50% humidity unless i stop extracting all air from the tent and run both humidifiers. I am usually at around 30-40% with the extractor running. How many ladies have you got in there ?