Mixing it up - First Auto in custom cabbie!

CaNaWidow

So, I have build a new cabinet.

The motivation behind it was:

-I like building stuff, despite not being the most handy person

-I was having issues with my previous setup (light leaks, smells and mainly noise!)

- gives me a reson to hide in the garage from the mrs and kids.

I have completed building the cabinet. Picture below.

To get a grow out as fast as possible, along with wanting to try something new - I have chosen to go with autoflowers - 2 jack herer auto and 2 critical autos.

-Growing in fabric pots - 2l I think, with freedom farm soil.

-Running a 360w LED in the cab. The light is quite powerful, so will have to keep the grow low, as I cant adjust the high any further.

- 6 inch fan out to a 4inch carbon filter, that is inside a wooden box (chamber) to help control smell and noise.

- additional pc fans x 2, used for some circulation.

The seeds are currently germinating - cotton ball style - start time yesterday at 18h00.

So lets see if all the girls come to say hello! - will update once there has been some movement.

For now - any thoughts on how to tackle this one?

- considerations for keeping it low? (Scrog or Lst?)

- expected time of harvest?

Enough from me or now! Time to fill up the medicaine cabinet again.

(The cabinet has an intake that was added since that photo. I am to lazy to get up and take a new photo!)

17fb10dfa8e78c0d6a5142a827902fe2.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Quick update - most of the tap roots are showing!

Tomorrow the seeds will be Jiffyd and go into a little veg cabinet (95w CFL - 65w +30w) till they get potted.

Question - If the tap root is peaking out, how long can the seeds still be left in the cotton ball?

Awesome, nice cab and respectable light.

What are the dimensions of your cab?

I would go straight to SCRog.I had great results when I did that, but im unsure as to how Autos will respond to training as I have never grown autos.(Have some on the way though).

I wouldnt leave the seeds with exposed tap roots out for longer than 2 days, you will see it start to yellow and by that time some sort of rot has setted in.Best to get the in the soil as soon as you see 5mm or more of taproot.

• Like 1

Awesome, nice cab and respectable light.
What are the dimensions of your cab?
I would go straight to SCRog.I had great results when I did that, but im unsure as to how Autos will respond to training as I have never grown autos.(Have some on the way though).

I wouldnt leave the seeds with exposed tap roots out for longer than 2 days, you will see it start to yellow and by that time some sort of rot has setted in.Best to get the in the soil as soon as you see 5mm or more of taproot.
Thank you, second build. The idea is to Scrog with the Cab, but got my hands on autos, so I thought looking to squeeze a last grow in for the year.

As requested:

Grow area -
1100mm height (1400mm with chamber)
1006mm wide
440mm deep

Haha, lights are mounted. o it was a quick fix - I have a 30 and 65 watt CFL in there, seems to do the babies good without to much of a heat issue!

i second this! hahah

PS [mention=1442]CaNaWidow[/mention] where did you get that long tray? been looking for a similar one to fit in my cupboard
I got the tray at Benbel. Can't remember the damage - think it was about a 100max