Critique On New Grow Box

PippinTook

Yo man, what are you doing about ventilation and air movement?

Hey Cereal, ventilation is not something I'm very familiar with. I understand that concept and it will be rather easy to set up a system as there is a window right there but quite frankly, I don't know what kind of fan to use nor what power. Any advice? Also, the front opening hasn't got a door on it yet, that's the last step, although it's a tiny room and may very well not even need a door. I think it's warmer in there that it is in my bedroom at the moment haha.

For the setup you have there, i would suggest an oscillating fan to keep the air moving over the plants, strong enough to make the leaves blow. That will make your stems stronger. Then you will also be dealing with smells. Check out some of the DIY grow logs for an idea of what's needed.

For the setup you have there, i would suggest an oscillating fan to keep the air moving over the plants, strong enough to make the leaves blow. That will make your stems stronger. Then you will also be dealing with smells. Check out some of the DIY grow logs for an idea of what's needed.

Is it necessary to be moving air IN and OUT of the room, like something a exhaust fan would do or do I just need to be moving the air around the room?

Thanks for taking the time to respond and help, by the way <3

Guest Arcz

Is it necessary to be moving air IN and OUT of the room, like something a exhaust fan would do or do I just need to be moving the air around the room?

Thanks for taking the time to respond and help, by the way <3

firstly You must have air Circulating in/Out of the box, So a fan (ideally a Inline fan, but PC fans can also work) Sucking Air out of the box with fresh air coming in from passive intakes.

Secondly you can add a fan inside the box to blow over the plants, as mentioned before, it will strengthen the stems.

Check out the Micro grows on the forum to get a better Idea of what to do.

• 3 weeks later...