Flies in growroom

Guest Oracle

Guest Oracle

So i haven't posted an intro yet, but still finding my way around the site :) The answers for these questions are probably somewhere on this forum already.

Brief intro: I have started up a small grow, hoping to grow myself some good bud. It's been a year or so since my last grow, but wanted to improve on the conditions before I attempt it again. Decided to go with 800W (2 x 400W) HID and DWC this time, since in my opinion and experience, its less complicated than soil growing. (I don't have green fingers, but digits make sense to me :)) I have a smallish room @ 2 x 2 x 2 where I have started to grow.

Now the problem: I have experienced white-fly in the past, but never actually "big ass sit your food" kind of flies in my room like I am this time. Where do they come from, what are they doing and why? :( Due to the size of the room, I've been forced the place quite a few fans in the room, making conventional flytraps hard to hang, but also, I'm not sure them flies will be able to aim for them  due to the windy conditions in the room.

Any startup advice to jog these old memories would be greatly appreciated. 8-)

Guest Oracle

I did hang one of those, as well as an outdoor trap. I sprayed the ones i could with soapy water, seems to have solved the most of the problem. It is strange indeed as it's a room I just set up, no chances of "poop-like substances" lying around. :D

Seems to be a lot better, saw only one when i went to check on my seedling last night

I did hang one of those, as well as an outdoor trap. I sprayed the ones i could with soapy water, seems to have solved the most of the problem. It is strange indeed as it's a room I just set up, no chances of "poop-like substances" lying around. :D

Seems to be a lot better, saw only one when i went to check on my seedling last night

If its not flowering yet, get some neem oil, or some Ludwigs anti spider mite stuff, good for white flies as well.

I keep pieces of garlic around the bases, this helps prevent. And maybe more air flow? White flies, red spider mites hate breezy conditions.