Temperature inside Tent?

koosjr

I am reading as much as I can here, and it seems that optimal temperature for indoor growing is 18-26°C.

However, we need to be realistic that load shedding is not going to get better and this will for sure kill many indoor setups.

I will be running from a solar system, and it will simply not be possible to run an AC unit from batteries. 'n Gennie perhaps, but fuel cost will be rough.

I am high up in KZN and at least we have exceptionally mild weather. I have yet to see summer temperatures over 33°C and even on cold winter nights we might perhaps get 10°C.

Right now we are sitting at 19°C - mid May 7:00 in the morning and we will probably hit no more than 24°C for the day - actually great temperatures to work with.

So, what happens if summer comes and you have many hours of 33°C? What are the ways to mitigate that other than AC?

After all, the plants outdoors grow in that heat and they do very well.

Since this is a very small space, I can in fact get some cooling from my borehole for which the water is always about 21°C - then I run a pipe loop in and out and circulate that through a coil in the room. I will probably be quite comfortably get below 28°C I think. Then all input I will have is a pump and a small fan.

Edited by koosjr