Amount of cannabis smokers in South Africa

Swaziguy

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone knew the amount or where I can get more information on the subject?  The amount of legal cannabis smokers in South Africa?  Perhaps more info? Thank you 

for eg. in Colorado 40,79 % of the population aged 21 - 35 years smoke cannabis. Thats alot. 

Edited by Swaziguy
posted it in the wrong thread, and I would like to correct it

• 8 months later...

Goodness, no answers?

This is late reply @Swaziguy 

The press offered 900K farmers of cannabis in SA this year

As to Legal users is not a known number as far as I can see - WiKi says :

Longitudinal research studies by the Medical Research Council (MRC) report that the number of cannabis users in South Africa was 2.2 million in 2004, and 3.2 million in 2008.[8] In 2003, Interpol rated South Africa as the fourth-largest cannabis producer in the world, and the Institute for Security Studies reported that most cannabis seized in the UK and a third globally had South African origins.

So we are left to estimate the user count, which is around 60% local folks imo. I once heard a stat that 80% of males in ZAR smoke cannabis. 

If that amount of grass bought internationally came to 1/3 of that seized, can you imagine the cash ZAR could earn by growing and selling to the 'other' legislated countries. We could build a few Nkandla's with that 🤣

• Haha 1